• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the best pcp under $2,000.

If you go inexpensive you will regret it....I made the plunge with a Daystate MK4 IS. It was on sale at Prescion Airguns. From $2100.00 to $1800.00. Call and talk to Jim Stanis the owner. He will steer you right. He has Daystate, FX and other top brands at prices under $2000.00. Many people have bought more then one gun from him including me.

You can get a wonderful .25 under your price range. I bought a .22 gen 2 Maruader afterward and was disappointed with the accuracy.. 5 shots under a dime at 30 yds was OK but could have been one hole if an FX or Daystate. Just my experience.

I now have bought several high end guns and shoot that Daystate MK 4 in competition including the nationals this Oct. Again my opinion. If you can afford it get the best you can afford. Since you have the tank and fill operation covered you are in good shape. Ask him and tell him what your intentions for the gun are. Hunting, field target, bench rest, etc......good luckbabd post your choice here after you make your descion

I just shot the .357 slayer by American air arms and it's an amazing gun. I was shooting silhouettes out to 200 yards with 51 grains bullets in the wind. The guy who makes the slayer, forgot his name, was shooting one hole groups at 75 yards with .35 jsb's. I couldn't believe it. The slayer could differently compete against my 22-250

by the way, forget a pump. Get a 4500 lb bottle and fill kit. $300 for the setup and massively easier than pumping. Paintball shops fill the tanks. Pump is $200 plus anyway, so $300 for the tank is cheap.

I have a Marauder .22. Nice entry level, but would probably pick a different gun if I had $1700 to spend. Like a bobcat or wildcat, or daystate. Personally, I'd skip anything that uses a battery, but that's a personal choice. I'd hate to ruin a hunting trip over a dead battery.

Just my opinion. 

Wow superior? I bet that will get some conflicting opinions...! I do know that FX dominated the Extreme Benchrest last year ( haven't seen this year's results yet). Although my pen pal Mike Manabe won the hunter divison there with a RAW. But not a stock off the shelf rifle. Also he's not a stock shooter either.

That said I will be ordering a RAW in the future.

I will put my Daystate MK 4 .177 gainst any other stock rifle for accuracy. I believe all the quality rifles are comparable to each other. Some may have better stocks, some may shoot a little better off the shelf, and most are well made. Not trying to say what is better, just want to avoid a conflict of interest of owners. We all have our opinions of what is "superior" probley based on owning the particular gun. Personally I think the Thomas rifle is a superior rifle based on the design and its winning accuracy. But this is not an off the shelf buy either. I guess it depends on the kind of shooting you will do. If a good plinker and with accuracy as good as the big names the BSA R10 just over a grand is a good choice. There is a super post on that gun here at AN. Please I am not putting ANY Manufactuer down, and your choice of RAW is one of the best choices of a quality gun I would make. I only believe there are additional great choices out there. I have both Daystate and FX rifles, as well as Evanix and others...man I can tell you I love shooting most of these guns...... I myself would not state one is superior being among some lofty companions like Fx, Daystate, RAW, Air Arms, etc.........all good choices in my humble opinion......