• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the best PCP air rifle?

The M3 is certainly up in the top spot along with many others. It just depends on what you are wanting and what tolerance levels you have. Some are unable to hang with an Impact while others are. The same would be true for the Huben K1 and many others. I don't know for sure but I think the M3 would be much easier to repair than the K1. Just something to think about. I do have an Impact II. It is a great fit for me as I like to tinker and like the different calibers and liner lengths I can setup a tune on.

Create you a list of what the minimum requirements are for your next airgun then start narrowing down the list of airguns that meet your requirements. If you think money speaks the loudness, there is the Delta Wolf at around $3500. It is certainly not the top model for me but maybe for you.

Well, you guys are no help, lol. I probably need to stop watching videos? There are way to many cool guns out there and none of them are inexpensive. Like the Daystate Pulsar is very cool a friend of mine has one and he let me try it, it was boring it was so accurate. But the Huben K1 has definitely caught my eye, powerful, accurate, semi auto, shot count. It's a deep rabbit hole. Thank you all.

I know what you mean. The worse part of these "expenditures", is trying to convince the wife that they are necessary. 

Well, you guys are no help, lol. I probably need to stop watching videos? There are way to many cool guns out there and none of them are inexpensive. Like the Daystate Pulsar, very cool, a friend of mine has one and he let me try it, it was boring, it was so accurate. But the Huben K1, definitely caught my eye, powerful, accurate, semi auto, shot count. Then the FX brand, that dang Impact m3, keeps impressing me.. Well, I will play with the Dreamline when it gets here, hopefully it can keep me happy for a while. To many cool guns and brands and not enough money. I need a compressor ?

Thank you all. 

The "best" is listed here, so I've heard. Let us know which one you pick.

Aftermath
Air Arms
AirForce
Airgun Brand
Airrow
Anics
Anschutz
Armscor
ASG
Avanti
Baikal
BAM
Beeman
Benjamin
Beretta
Blackwater
Browning
BSA
Colt
Cometa
Commando
Crosman
CZ
Daisy
Dan Wesson
Daystate
Diana
Droid
Eun Jin
Evanix
Feinwerkbau-FWB
FX
Gamo
GAT
GEM
Hämmerli
Hatsan
Heckler & Koch
IHP
Industry Brand
IZH-Baikal
Kunitomo
KWC
Legends
Logun
Magnum Research
Marksman
Marlin
McGlashan
Mendoza
National
Parker Hale
Relum
Rohm
Ruger
RWS
Sam Yang
Sheridan
Shooting Star Inc
SIG Sauer
Slavia
Smith & Wesson
Sportsmarketing SMK
Sterling Armaments Company
Steyr
Stoeger Arms
Swiss Arms
Tanfoglio
Targeteer
Tech Force
Theoben
Umarex
Walther
Webley & Scott
Weihrauch
Winchester
WinGun

Have fun and good luck.

Patrick

If you want to spend north of $1,500 for a PCP you certainly can and you will get a very nice rifle but you don't have to anymore to get a great shooting rifle. There are plenty of options below $1K now that are great. First figure out what your budget is then what features are most important to you and your choices will come into focus pretty quickly. For me it was $500 to $1,000, side lever action, adjustable power, thumbhole stocks (so start out) which narrowed it down pretty quickly in my case. Once you have your list of "must haves" and financial parameters it won't seem so overwhelming to choose something.

Well, you guys are no help, lol. I probably need to stop watching videos? There are way to many cool guns out there and none of them are inexpensive. Like the Daystate Pulsar, very cool, a friend of mine has one and he let me try it, it was boring, it was so accurate. But the Huben K1, definitely caught my eye, powerful, accurate, semi auto, shot count. Then the FX brand, that dang Impact m3, keeps impressing me.. Well, I will play with the Dreamline when it gets here, hopefully it can keep me happy for a while. To many cool guns and brands and not enough money. I need a compressor ?

Thank you all.

The k1 I bought from Kelly at KrazKool earlier this year quickly became my favorite gun to grab and shoot. It is by far the most powerful .22 I have, just as accurate as my others. It is sure fun!

Definitely need a compressor for one of those tho! I only fill mine to 300bar.

The best rifle ive owned and I've owned them all is the raw hm1000x made by the man him self Martin. I bought a fx maverick few weeks ago and its not even close. Fx cut corners big time it just feels cheap every where. The raw is built like a tank you really could run it over with a truck. The maverick on the other hand feels like it would break if i dropped it. Here are my personal top 10 in order. 

1.Raw

2. Thomas

3. American air arms

4. Dawson

5. Air arms

6. Edgun

7. Daystate

8.kalibergun

9. Tipan

10. Fx

Best for you most likely would not be the best for me.

The best for me is a no nonsense, rugged, reliable, hit rocks, trees, drop it and doesn't lose zero, powerful, non regulated, low maintenance,

Eastern European guns check a lot of boxes.

Ho yeah and certainly not semi-auto I had a few and the novelty wears out pretty quick, I have my semi-auto firearms and they smoke semi Airguns hands down.

Depends...love my RedWolf in .22 for the flexibility of things, but typically grab the Ed R5M in .177 for neighborhood critter control. Small and easily held close to the body as to not cause any hysteria ( have permission from all the neighbors, they just don't want to see it)

Currently working on talking the wife into another Ed, either a leshy or another R5M in .25, as the Theoben Mk2 is just to large to be lugging around the neighborhood. 

After a good 10 years of focusing on powder burners, I’ve returned to the air gun ring. In 2002, I bought an RWS 54 Air King in 22cal. It is very accurate and durable and I have no complaints with it, but it’s a beast to carry around.
I shopped around for a pcp in 2003 and landed on the Air Arms S410 in 22cal. It has sent an uncounted number of ground squirrels “into the light.” At that time I wasn’t aware of JSB. I tried a wide variety of pellets and found the Beeman Kodak’s would punch cute little groups, so I have a shelf stacked with them in in opened tins. Unfortunately, one day the Air Arms stopped holding/taking a charge and so it sat neglected in my safe…until last week. My wife, in the interim, thought my hand held pump was an old bicycle pump…and she gave it away! I sent the Air Arms rifle to David Slade to be repaired. I was now fully motivated to buy a new gun. I’ve shopped, compared, read reviews, watched videos, and joined this group-all so that I could decide on a new gun to buy. But my safe is chocked full of other guns-so I need a new one of those, as well as a new pump, and of course let’s not forget to get a new scope too! After going through all of these Cadillac problems, it occurred to me that my AAS410 is a terrific gun that just needs to be brought up to speed. I don’t need a new Daystate, or a BSA, or a Weihrauch, or FX, or an AA 510, etc. etc. I’m gonna focus on the the one that they got right 20 years ago. The upshot for me, the Air Arms S410 is the best gun. I had it all this time.