• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the best PCP air rifle?

I was thinking the best pcp air rifle was the FX Impact m3, then I saw the Huben K1?

Now I want some other opinions on this subject?

Caliber 22/25/30??

Bullpup/ rifle

Semi auto/bolt

Power/Accuracy

Slug gun/ pellet gun

Range/ barrel length

Reliable/ tunable/ needs tuned

All round best rifle, let me hear your opinions, I thought it was the m3 in 22, but the Huben K1 looks killer, then I bought a Dreamline tactical in 22

No such thing man. Just like tools each one works for different purposes and needs. Impact is a great gun but many high quality rifles are just as good as another but hits different needs. Need a compact gun? Edguns are a good choice. Long range bench rest gun? Well rawhm1000x or the Impact is awesome. Need hunting power? Well Impact is a good choice but heavy so maybe you might want something else. You see where I am going with this? I really like fx guns tho they seem to be great. There may be a best gun out there for you or me but they might be different guns. 

Hello I think it is subjective what is best. Best for me may not be best for you. Do you hunt, plink , target shoot, compete, etc. There are many good choices out there but it all goes down to its intended purpose. I personal do not like to mess with my guns, thats why I bought my RTI Priest instead of the Prophet let the manufacture do all the tuning work. Same thing for the LCS19 had AOA set it up for JSB Hades load it, shoot it, and clean the barrel. Just my opinion Eric

I was thinking the best pcp air rifle was the FX Impact m3, then I saw the Huben K1?

Now I want some other opinions on this subject?

Caliber 22/25/30??

Bullpup/ rifle

Semi auto/bolt

Power/Accuracy

Slug gun/ pellet gun

Range/ barrel length

Reliable/ tunable/ needs tuned

All round best rifle, let me hear your opinions, I thought it was the m3 in 22, but the Huben K1 looks killer, then I bought a Dreamline tactical in 22

You are chasing a Unicorn. Also, you didn't even mention the Delta Wolf... LOL!

The best air rifle (PCP or otherwise) depends on the shooter and what is needed. Anything other than that is purely fluff. Not that fluff is a bad thing necessarily... (chuckle)

P.S. Be careful of the marketing BS. There is a lot of it going on with FX and many other "popular" air guns.

Do your research diligently and completely and you will find the gun that is best for YOU!

If by best, you mean the one I pick up most. That would be my wildcat mk2 in .25. It’s the gun I always grab when I need a quick shot, or even go on a trip. It’s the one most comfortable for me, easy to carry, easy to shoot, and accurate at anything I want to use it for. These are all traits of the “best” pcp. However, all of this changes for everyone. 
happy hunting!

I agree with these guys about it depending on your purpose etc.

For me, my huben does happen to me my favorite, but I think impacts are more accurate and customizable. For me the huben wins out for 1 big reason over the impact. Semiautomatic. A tuned impact with a long barrel, slug liner, etc etc might rival or even beat out a huben in terms of power, and almost certainly in accuracy, but the huben is relatively compact and you'll be hard pressed to find a more powerful, semi auto with high capacity. I find the huben's ergonomics pleasing over most guns too.

While best overall depends on your needs , I do think there are objectively better guns and maybe even a best in certain categories, such as power, or accuracy, semi or side lever, etc etc.

This is just another one of these open ended questions with many , many , answers. OP - ask yourself THESE questions :

1 Is it for bench shooting or hunting / pesting primarily? or a bit of both?

2 - Are you the type to meticuluosly maintain your gun or are you the rough house type? " one that needs their gun to hold up " no matter what.

3 - your size / arm length ? Length of pull comes into play here. 

4 - Appearence , do you like tactical? , Traditional ? Bullpup ? 

Answer THESE questions first. This will narrow your search field significantly. Then look up the specs of those guns in THAT group in detail , it should yield a list of guns of which 2 or 3 will grab your eye. Then you can ask for a comparision from the forum that will be quite helpful.

Holy crap dude. Comparing an FX Impact to a Huben K1...not even in the same ball park. 

The best air rifles are

FX Maverick, FX Impact, Dreamlites

Daystate Delta Wolf / Red Wolf / Pulsar

Steyr Challenge Hunting

LCS SK19 .25 cal (semi and full auto)

Cricket 2 Tactical has both shot count and accuracy. 

Thomas Air Rifles (I'm getting a $5K one soon that has it's own slug die) 

American Air Arms EVOL

see most of them (and the K1) on my channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOK4tO1I_NPdZqUXkZ7RtIA

The K1 fits into the mid range gun category. Guns that may, or may not, fall apart after 50 yards. The K1 is awesome inside 50 yards...at 60 yards the groups open up. Many awesome guns are in this mid category...but the question is which guns are the best. That list above is the only "best"

My advice: get an M3 Impact. Then you will never have to buy another gun, or wonder if there is something better. It's the most accurate, most shots, etc. and you can now just use the quick tune, front knob, and dial numbers to essentialy program and "tune" for any pellet (or slug). So you just go on the forums, ask for the tune, and you just dialed your M3 for ANY pellet you want!! and you can switch calibers with a $499 barrel/magazine kit when your ready to move up. 

Well, you guys are no help, lol. I probably need to stop watching videos? There are way to many cool guns out there and none of them are inexpensive. Like the Daystate Pulsar is very cool a friend of mine has one and he let me try it, it was boring it was so accurate. But the Huben K1 has definitely caught my eye, powerful, accurate, semi auto, shot count. It's a deep rabbit hole. Thank you all.