What is the best bigbore?

How the Jack Harley could doit better valve..? Or a ridiculous 4000psi + fill ? Or is simply that for now a direct valve is the way for heavy lead...I'm no air gun Smith... just asking..because the raptor wit the titanium tube n balance valve simply can't out do a condor build..with a custom valve..you could go up to 90g the raptor could not push that weight..

I tentatively suggest the XP ranger .45 with 36" barrel. Can make 900 FPE according to mr hollowpoint. As others noted, not particularly practical without a booster pump as it fills to high pressure. Also this gun is absurdly long. They have other absurd calibers like .58, .72 and .82. Oddly, no .50 cal

Still, I'm considering selling my bushbuck and getting a 36" barrel .45 XP airgun. XP airguns is coming out with a bullpup version soon, so it wont be quite so absurdly long. I thought the bushbuck was long, but the ranger is even longer, so I do think the bullpup will be preferable to me. 

Gotta get a booster pump first, will make life much better. Even my .22 huben goes through air quickly. The bushbuck gets max power at 3800 which is bad enough without a booster pump. Although 3800 is enough to use my other airguns for a while. Just have to shoot the bushbuck first when I go to the range. To be fair, the bushbuck can be filled to just 3000 psi to shoot smaller slugs on low power

No way would I get any airgun that needs more pressure than the bushbuck, and even it's 3800 is steep. Unless one of the following applies

1. You have like 5 large carbon fiber tanks cascaded.

2. You REALLY REALLY enjoy hand pumping. As in, you like pumping more than you like shooting, where shooting the gun is just the means by which you get back to pumping.

3. You have a booster pump setup

4. You have one of those mobile compressors that can run off of your car's battery etc. and dont mind waiting the 5 or so min it will take to fill your gun, potentially for EVERY shot. might not be the worst thing if it has an auto shutoff and you have other stuff to play with in the interm

I have been thinking about the same question. What are your thoughts on Texan 357 carbine aluminum tank vs Texan SS 357? I don't care about the noise....I like to hear the boom when I shoot. 

How about the Raptor in 357? Seems like a really nice rifle with plenty of power? 

You get 3 shot at (way) above the level of the old "alu" bottle 2 shots. And you still have several fills from 4500psi down.

I have the .510 and love it to pieces, nothing on this earth that will live with one of those slugs through their intentens.

Bulldogs are hitting 300fpe plus

1589297668_16614136845ebac204f1c9f8.11180011.jpg

1590349248_11625405615ecacdc0e36503.30436317.jpg
I know this post is a bit old. However, I would like to give my opinion. 

First off there are many great guns out there. Many of the previous posters have listed them. But when someone asks "Best Bigbore" what does that really mean?

Best= most powerful? Best=price? Best =quality? Best= quietest? Best= shot count? Best= looking? Best= weight? And the list can go on.

I have alot of big bores: .30 , .45, .50, .58 cal. And 28 & 20 gauge. Each one fits its specific niche. I love them all, some excell in power, others in weight, and some are just fun to shoot. 

So, there really is no "Best" . There may be a "Best" for a certin situation such as hunting, bench rest or backyard plinking . But as they say " Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ". What's best for me may not be best for you.

On a final note. I am enclosing a picture of my first big bore. She is a thing of beauty. Unlike any current airguns . I purchased it used over 20 years ago, and the gun itself is around 40 years old ! It is a CO2 powered 28 gauge air shotgun. By today's standard it is under powered and inaccurate. It shoots a .43 cal saboted round ball around 700 fps . But here is the catch... After I'm done shooting my 500 ft.lb. 58 cal. and the psi in my tank has dropped below an acceptable level. I will teather the shotgun on hpa @ 1000 psi. And I can spend the rest of my range time shooting till my hearts content! 

- DUKE