N/A What is the best big Bore .50cal PCP?

What is the best .50cal PCP?

• Seneca Dragon Claw

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Umarex Hammer

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Air Force Texan

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • AEA Challenger

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Hatsan Pile Driver

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
What is the best .50cal PCP?
I'm partial to the Airforce Texan LSSCF in .510 Cal. My rifle was a rock solid performer right out of the box, but leaving well enough alone is hard for me and that is why my rifle has very little in common with it's factory brethren. Ultimately, you need to ask yourself a few questions like which is the best .50 for hunting, hiking, target, long range, etc... after you specify the purpose of the rifle, it will be easier to answer your question. My Texan has taken hogs, cadoties, and exploded a few squirrel, and with the right slugs, it's also a good performer out to 400 yards and beyond.

Texan is the only one with enough power to push it past 50yds. No point otherwise.
AEA .510 kicks 300 grain slugs at 950 FPS. It has assembly/QC/shipping problems, which you have to fix prior to using the gun, but otherwise it's not bad. Mine didn't break yet, after initial conditioning, of course. I get 2" groups at 100 yards, which is good for the purpose (deer).

AEA .510 kicks 300 grain slugs at 950 FPS. It has assembly/QC/shipping problems, which you have to fix prior to using the gun, but otherwise it's not bad. Mine didn't break yet, after initial conditioning, of course. I get 2" groups at 100 yards, which is good for the purpose (deer).
Good luck with your AEA. They break more often than not, a texan does not. I have had ahold of 3 texans and all would hold MOA out to 150yds, probably further but that is my limit local. Solid build and very dependable. If you are happy with your AEA that is all that matters.

Good luck with your AEA. They break more often than not, a texan does not. I have had ahold of 3 texans and all would hold MOA out to 150yds, probably further but that is my limit local. Solid build and very dependable. If you are happy with your AEA that is all that matters.
My understanding AEA big bores don't share design pitfalls with their other, more popular models.