N/A What is the best big Bore .50cal PCP?

What is the best .50cal PCP?

• Seneca Dragon Claw

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Umarex Hammer

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Air Force Texan

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • AEA Challenger

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Hatsan Pile Driver

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Do you have one doing good groups at 100yds plus? Anything slug under 350g will not have a proper design to travel right in .50cal. 50yds and under, buy what you want. You want 150yds and still drop a black bear. Texan 800fpe and 6lbs. Plus, show me a high power AEA that does not break in a year or less and i will be highly surprised.

Do you have one doing good groups at 100yds plus? Anything slug under 350g will not have a proper design to travel right in .50cal. 50yds and under, buy what you want. You want 150yds and still drop a black bear. Texan 800fpe and 6lbs. Plus, show me a high power AEA that does not break in a year or less and i will be highly surprised.
Im not claiming the AEA is better than a Texan, but I dont agree with your assumption they wont be useful past 50yds. I also would never hunt a bear @150yds with any air powered rifle.

Im not claiming the AEA is better than a Texan, but I dont agree with your assumption they wont be useful past 50yds. I also would never hunt a bear @150yds with any air powered rifle.
If yours can do it confidently. Kick-ass. Ive been there done that, I will pass on AEA reliability. Accuracy is what matters in the end, but if it doesnt work when you want it to,butkis.

Reactions: MongooseV8
I cant speak for the Texan but the Hatsan has terrible customer service and their QC department is even worse. You'll spend more time repairing an AEA than shooting it. I personally have an Umarex Hammer and love it. Ive heard that the Texan has accuracy issues but my problem with them is that they are terrible looking.

I cant speak for the Texan but the Hatsan has terrible customer service and their QC department is even worse. You'll spend more time repairing an AEA than shooting it. I personally have an Umarex Hammer and love it. Ive heard that the Texan has accuracy issues but my problem with them is that they are terrible looking.
Don't forget to cast your vote!