N/A What is the Best Bang for the money on the 72 Cal rifles.

I'm sure they are out there, but I don't know of any others than the Zeus 72. What I can say after owning a 16" for a couple of years is that you likely want the 24 or 32" for longer distance accuracy. The 16" is mega loud and has a ton of muzzle rise to it. I find it hard to be accurate past 20-25 yards.

@Socommfg I don't know a lot about .72 caliber big bores, but XP makes a nice looking set of big bores. Check into this .72 cal bullpup w/32" barrel. If you don't like bullpups, then look into the Quigley.

If interested in further details shoot the owner Dan an email.

Last edited:
Just tired of CF guns. What is the challenge? I have had Barretts before and a Class 2 mfg'er. Try feeding a GE 134.
Decades ago I had a friend with a 7.62 mini-gun(and literally over a hundred other full auto's), I never paid a penny to shoot it or any of his. If it was my money, full auto's would not be fed, too much money going downrange too fast, but they are awesome to shoot. Needless to say he was very wealthy.

Decades ago I had a friend with a 7.62 mini-gun(and literally over a hundred other full auto's), I never paid a penny to shoot it or any of his. If it was my money, full auto's would not be fed, too much money going downrange too fast, but they are awesome to shoot. Needless to say he was very wealthy.
When I closed the mfg company I had over 1200 Transferable. What a pain with the paper work and batfe, Paperwork took over a year. Back when I bought 308 for $35M. I had 10 tables at Knob Creek 2x year. There were only 10 134's in transferable hands.

Last edited:
I have an XP .72 carbine with an 18" barrel and an XP .72 pistol with a 14" barrel. Rifle makes about 720fpe, pistol about 400fpe. The rifle is good out to 40 or 50 yards. The pistol is for up close, within 25 yards. Both are 2 shot guns. In terms of quality I don't think you'll find another gun made this well, the only thing is you'll have to wait but it's totally worth it. If I run out of ammo I could probably beat a hog to death with either of them.

Just curious if that 16 inch Zeus is a gen 1 or 2. I have a gen 1 that I’ve taken deer with twice at ranges up to 45yrds. A friend of mine ad a gen 2 that had a bad barrel. I view the gun as a 60yrd and in for myself. Every deer hit went no more that 10yrds so far. Once that barrel was replaced on the gen 2 a deer was harvested with the same no tracking results.