what is the best air rifle u can get at this moment?

Normally a pcp air rifle need service for O rings. So there is a relation between amount of O rings and service requires. Simple one like air arms s510 XS or Kalibrgun cricket or edgun r5 are good sample. If you compare fx impact to this guns impact has 3 times more O rings. More O rings mean more parts and more chance to some thing goes wrong. It need more service and each service cost more.

Vice versa Redwolf or pulsar have no regulator and use 0.7 O rings compeer to sample guns. But they have no adjustability. Only 3 power option which set by manufacture and they are more expensive.

I would recommend Redwolf and pulsar.

But if you want spend less air arms s510 ultimate XS or edgun r5 or vulcan 2.

If you need more adjustability FX bobcat or AAA evol would be good option too.

OP - as other have said already you need to be more specific about your uses. All you're getting is everyone else's favorite airgun for their uses. Please give use more information on intended uses: ranges, power levels, preferred design (rifle/bullpup), stock type, trigger preference (single stage, two stage, match, hunter, etc), length (long, medium, short), rugedness, loudness/quietness, etc. Keep in mind every airgun will have some drawbacks.

Based on your vague criteria I would go Edgun R5M or maybe Brocock Bantam Sniper HR. If you really have some extra coin to drop maybe a Daystate with the new ART barrel.

So far the most refined PCP I've shot is the Daystate Redwolf or Safari. I like the almost non existent cocking effort and the nice trigger. The quality is as high as it gets. It's an electronic gun so it must be charged. I wouldn't call it a handy rifle though.

I have a love/hate relationship with my FX Impact, I like it more since it's been fixed.

Hard not to like the old FX Royale.

I wasn't impressed with my Cricket.

Love the left hand cocking lever on the Uragan, I'm a right hand shooter.

AAA EVOL in 30 is an interesting gun, I like it except for the cocking effort, and it excels at hunting, especially in 30 cal.

No perfect PCP so pick the features you want and go from there.

Impossible question to answer. No one can give you experience, which is the critical factor. Some good recommendations have been offered, but if you can handle or shoot a few rifles first, it would be helpful. In terms of the the potential to do what you want, at $2K you can close your eyes and pick, it will be capable. All the elements guiding your decision are personal preference. 

Benjamin 392 (.22cal) or Sheridan Silver Streak .20cal. I know it's way below your budget but these rifles are the "best" to me because it's what I grew up with as a kid. It's too bad you weren't specific. 

1575090758_2920886665de1fa46d50182.00454067_SheridanRifle4.jpg
1575090759_21364899675de1fa470b0d64.56046225_ekktfwskfdvmsexm7j37.jpg

That M24 above........hitting 1MOA @200y?

Oh man.....I want that.

Is that a manufacturers demo? I'm a skeptic I suppose. Until we have it availible and in the hands of owner, with their results, just can't go on the list. IMO, there wasn't any focus when the question was asked. If I had to guess, they never have owned a pcp. 

I don't play golf but have lots of friends who do and try to get me involved. Golf is often compared to pcp air guns. Mostly because of the expense that never ends I believe. The ,"world's best air gun" question, is like me asking what's the world's best golf club? There isnt one. It takes a whole rack of them just like it takes a whole bag of clubs to play golf. I can't drive a ball consistently for the life of me. Nor can I putt with this driver. But it's the only club I've got man. 😆

So many good choices, but why .25 or .30 only for pesting? .22 shoots small critters up to racoons just fine?

If it were me, I'd look at the FX Dreamlines. Get it in .25. Traditional or bullpup both available. Kind of a "Lego" gun. Don't like the configuration, change it.

High quality, accurate, efficient. Accurate as well.

Next question, how will you fill the gun? do you have a source of air located? If not, better build a compressor into the budget and a tank. Forget the hand pumps, I hate those things. Makes shooting a chore. Do figure a tank and fill station no matter what.

Dreamline classic with synthetic stock starts at about $1000. Nice thing is that if you don't like the classic, you can drop the receiver and barrel into a different configuration by purchasing a bullpup stock, and such. Compressors start at around $250 for the Yong Heng and go up (and I mean UP) from there. Tanks with fill stations start around $375. Easy to drop another $1000 on accessories after the gun is purchased before you can shoot.

Have fun!

I had a $3K budget at one time(last time, too, lol) and I thought I did it wisely by buying the fill system first, then gun. So, the Lightning compressor was first, but with that it didn’t leave me enough to get the gun I wanted which was the Boss by FX(scope, rings, and misc. had to be a part of the budget). 

I ended up with my hatsan Bully, which I’ve grown to like, and a year and a half later I end up with my first FX in the wildcat. 

So, what I’m trying to say is, take the advice given in the last post by Saltlake58 but make the air supply a priority in your budget first and foremost, because without air a $2K pcp gun is just a conversation piece, and you’ll never have to order pellets, lol.

If you already have the air supply handled and now you’re seeking advice on a gun, disregard my post.