• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the best 30cal rifle?

IF your definition of best is 100 yard groups ( naturally you don't care the cost) out of the box with standard ammo, Rapidairweapons HM1000x gen 2 .30. American made ( not that I care, I just want MOA) barrel, assembled and tested by the company owner, each and everyone.

The Flex may well be good, I haven't personally seen one tho. Also I am not sure there are more than 10 production unit out there. It seems their plan is to build 10 per month.
And as it is a brand new rig time has yet to tell though Jim is a pretty good guy so as long as things go well it is very likely he will be in business a good while.

There was supposed to be a Slayer ( from American arms ?) but I don't believe it really exists in a production sense.

Non of the Korean or such would quailfie as "Best"

Maybe the FX Boss? If going FX I would certainly go for a model that has been out a while.

And there are one or two tiny manufactures.

If wanting , best, in .30 you might think of a used rig that has placed well in competition, there was one for sale here last week. You can often save a lot of money buying used from folks who shoot competition, "I" have NO idea why a rifle that placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd at a national event ( any cal.) sit's on the classifieds for more than a day but they certainly do.

John

"Turboken77"look at how much those gun cost to ! average guy is not willing to spend 2000 on a highend pcp even if you come close to the same groups unless your at the us nationals shooting is the average guy to spend 2000 plus scope to shoot ? why do you think the marauder does so well , I own from marauder up to fx and like them all .

The O.P. asked for "THE BEST" ...if you ask for the best it's fair to assume you're willing to pay "BEST" money.

...you get what you pay for, can't get around that one all that much.

Here is a list of the winners for the last 3 years at the Extreme Benchrest

2015 EBR 75 and 100yd 2014 EBR 75yd
Gold Pro class FX Boss Gold Pro class USFT
Am. class RAW HM 1000X Am. class FX Bobcat
Silver Pro class FX Bobcat Silver Pro class FX Boss
Am. class FX Boss Am. class Benjamin Marauder
Bronze Pro class RAW BM 500 Bronze Pro class FX Boss
Am. class FX Boss Am. class RAW HM 1000X

2013 EBR 75yd
Gold Pro class FX Bobcat
Am. class FX Boss
Silver Pro class FX Bobcat