What is "lights out" referring to how a gun shoots?

Actually, I have heard of people shooting at the heads of tacks/nail heads at 25-50 yds. That will test both you and your gun!
From the time I could shoot a centerfire rifle, after a range day zeroing our guns at 100 yards, we shot the tacks out of our targets. Then in the 90’s when I came back to my home state, my dad was now using a staple gun. So yes, our guns are staple drivers now. It’s a bad habit because I still do it with my airguns when I have to staple a target to something.

For me, its ten shots inside a dime at 50 yards. If my gun won't do that at 50, I don't even bother taking it to 100Y. If you can't do a dime at 50, you'll never do a quarter at 100. And no, slugs don't get "better" from 50 to 100 yards. :ROFLMAO:
So what I'm hearing you say is, a Quarter at 100 yards and I can get a Team Centercut hat? ;)

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
That 'Lights Out' phrase for hunting, naturally migrates to dead-on accuracy, killer targeting and corpse-making-ability.
:LOL:

After
• "knockdown power" (19th cent. Philippine insurrections) and
• "stopping power" (19th cent. colonial troops),
the hobby ballisticians gave us
• "Knock-Out Value (KOV)" (Bekker) and
• "Taylor Knock-Out Factor (TKOF)".

🔶 Now we have a new term, thanks to kmanca1:
corpse-making-ability (CMA)

I like it.

🔸Tomorrow I'll go to the range, dial up my regulator to 170bar, load the new H&N extra heavy slugs, and practice shooting moa groups until my new compressor overheats.
In that way I am certain to increase my CMA.

Matthias 👍🏼

Butt wait, order now and get hole in hole, dead on accuracy with little or no wait time
I don't care what you call it! ,"it's all good".
As far as pictures tells the whole story, ever seen how a fisherman holds up his catch way out in front of him,a reason for it
Group size and yardage certainly help,I love it when someone puts up a dime to show the size group.
For us, lights out was and is talking about shooting animals, like dead on the spot.