• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

What is he doing putting a scope ring on the bottom of his stock?

Shooting the forced positions has always been my achilles’ heel in HFT, particularly standing. My arms are just not as long as yours and I have to posture in a twisted uncomfortable way to be steady enough and caused my CG to be way out front.
The forestock on my BSA R10 doesn’t have adequate depth for me to form the ideal human triangle. I realized I was not going to be able to grow my arm up to meet the stock so I decided to bring the stock to my arm. I considered a couple of the commercially available ones but being the cheapskate I am, I opted to fabricate one myself. 
I attached a short picatinny rail to the forestock and attached a spare UTG scope mount which just happens to have the same outer radius as the I.D. of a piece of 2” PVC I had laying around. I steered away from a simple block of wood for a palm rest as I tried that on a previous gun a couple of years ago. I never could get a repeatable hold on it. The curvature of the PVC is just a more natural feel to the cup of my hand. After a $1.87 trip to the local hardware store and voila! Sprayed it with primer and going to wrap it in some faux CF tape to give it some pizzazz.
Maybe not what the kool kidz do but preliminary testing demonstrated improvement. 
Oh, and it is under 6” from bottom to center of the barrel. Just barely…

2EF3E147-0FD3-473E-9C92-7E132230DF46.1645395714.jpeg
335E0D3C-31D2-448F-8732-E2C48BF20E4C.1645395716.jpeg
7F007A2C-6A27-41B2-8A2D-EF0CCF07B418.1645395717.jpeg

Dave,

I applaud your thinking outside of the box, your creativity, and craftsmanship (anybody can buy a custom made part or a specialty part made by some machine shop — and shell out a 3-digit amount...).

Just this past week I realized that bullpups are not great for resting on lateral fence beams, and that they would need a finger guard protecting the trigger hand when I push the bullpup against the beam....

But I have never seen anyone making a bullpup like that (depite all the extremely creative stock forms that mfctrs. have designed), neither have I seen aftermarket parts, or anyone modding their gun in that way....

Your post encouraged me to really try this....! 👍🏼

Matthias