• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is available for big bore

Had some powder barner buddies come shoot air guns with me the other day.
To say my Texan .457, Texan 308 and bulldog 357 blew the lids off their domes is a huge understatement.
I would love to get myhands on a bushbuck
I persuade many just by getting them behind the trigger.
Screenshot_20220716-160341-922.png
Screenshot_20220716-160308-098.png

Reactions: Squack
Let me disagree with your statement. Texan, to me, is absolutely beautiful! I have the LSS CF in .50 paired with Great Kami silencer, absolutely love it. It’s endless long and functional. One of the guns I would never trade for anything else.
I absolutely love the Texan and all the AF rifles. To me they are not pleasing to the eye, but hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Regardless they are amazing airguns.

Had some powder barner buddies come shoot air guns with me the other day.
To say my Texan .457, Texan 308 and bulldog 357 blew the lids off their domes is a huge understatement.
I would love to get myhands on a bushbuck
Those big bore Texans are good for putting smiles on the faces of the uninitiated. I talked one of my wifes friends into shooting my .457 during our cookout for the 4th under the pretenses it's just a pellet gun. The best way I can describe her reaction is as follows. A surprised scream, laughter, "I hit it" (the target), delighted giggling, then a long silent stare at the rifle that made me wonder if I was going to get it back. Her next question was how do I load it again and what does one of these or something like it cost?

Those big bore Texans are good for putting smiles on the faces of the uninitiated. I talked one of my wifes friends into shooting my .457 during our cookout for the 4th under the pretenses it's just a pellet gun. The best way I can describe her reaction is as follows. A surprised scream, laughter, "I hit it" (the target), delighted giggling, then a long silent stare at the rifle that made me wonder if I was going to get it back. Her next question was how do I load it again and what does one of these or something like it cost?
Hahaha love it
The other one that blows peoples mind is my backpack/ truckgun it's an Edgun leshiy 2 so obviously it folds in half but then it's got shake to wake flip up optics on it and you can't hear it shoot with the can on it. it blows people's mind

Reactions: IndyDurtdigger
0B4BE5B0-0C2A-4357-8DFE-96846B5606D1.jpeg

I always felt the Texan was weird looking as well until I decided to purchase one last year and mounted a high quality scope and flashlight on it. I also have a tripod for it. It’s pretty mean looking now. Plus… I’m a USAF Vet so…. I kinda had to lol. Seriously - it just looks and feels like a serious rifle. The .457 slugs are awesome too. I still haven’t fired it yet but someday.

Exactly - these are serious airguns 💪

View attachment 275514View attachment 275513

There are a few things that persuaded me on the Bushbuck. Its performance at the EBR 2021 Big Bore event was one of them. The trigger is another and is one of the best things about this rifle. If you have an heirloom rifle and it doesn't have a nice trigger that is a bummer. Yes, the power is another reason (I believe it is marketed as up to 650-700fpe so plenty for any animal). The caliber size of 452 was also highly ideal for casting and ammo selection. It doesn't hurt that it looks amazing either. I did about 5 years of "looking" before selecting this particular rifle. The runner up is the Texan, and the Texan has some unique attributes as well. It really depends on what you aim to do. Heavy modification and customization? Go for the Texan. The Texan is an all American rifle and the people that work at Airforce are wonderful. If you want simple, rugged, and quality, the Bushbuck has the slight edge there. I think the Bushbuck looks better than nearly any big bore I can think of. Both the Texan and the Bushbuck are more accurate than the shooters behind them IMO.

Just my 2 cents
Appreciate the info on the Bushbuck… wasn’t aware of this rifle but I’m all about power and accuracy. I have a Texan .45

Appreciate the info on the Bushbuck… wasn’t aware of this rifle but I’m all about power and accuracy. I have a Texan .45
The Texan is a great platform. I have their Escape/Talonp and still shoot it often. Simple and reliable - exactly what you need for hunting. Their warranty department is one of the best in the industry, and the people that work there are extremely generous with their time and with the advancement of the sport. Congrats

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IndyDurtdigger
At the low end of the price spectrum there are still the Seneca/Samyang options, though the DragonClaw .50 will only get you half the FPE you asked for, the modified "C.A.P.Dragon" will bring it up to your desired range.
What is the “C.A.P.Dragon”? Apologies for the ignorance, I am quite new to the hobby.
Thank you

You can't go wrong with Dan McVeys XP Ranger 45, it has 3 power settings just by moving the screws on the sear and it puts out more power than the Bushbuck. As mention before Will99 has some nice big bores for sale on the classifieds at very good prices.
Unfortunately that website AND email is broken. If you know how to actually order one, plz let me know.