• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is available for big bore

I want to buy a big bore. I sold my impact to fund this project. There is the Texan but is the world's ugliest rifle, and the aea zues.
I want something that can generate 500fpe and ACCURATE to 100 yards.
And something I can buy today.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. I want to do deer,bear and hog hunting this year. So high fpe and long range accuracy is a must. I already owned a umarex hammer and I hated the gun. Cooking bolt sucked. Mag sucked, accuracy sucked.

Reactions: Topgun203
My Texan is Sexy AF
20220713_165516.jpg

I want to buy a big bore. I sold my impact to fund this project. There is the Texan but is the world's ugliest rifle, and the aea zues.
I want something that can generate 500fpe and ACCURATE to 100 yards.
And something I can buy today.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. I want to do deer,bear and hog hunting this year. So high fpe and long range accuracy is a must. I already owned a umarex hammer and I hated the gun. Cooking bolt sucked. Mag sucked, accuracy sucked.
Dude you can buy a hammer today it has up to 700 ft lbs. Look up the info on it look at the pictures and then make your decision. I wanted a big bore for years and finally got one last November. I use NSA 388 grain hollow points, it's a righteous combination.

20211122_203702.jpg

Reactions: wolfmangreg
Dude you can buy a hammer today it has up to 700 ft lbs. Look up the info on it look at the pictures and then make your decision. I wanted a big bore for years and finally got one last November. I use NSA 388 grain hollow points, it's a righteous combination.

View attachment 275255
The O.P. already had one and wasn't happy with it.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I am new to big bores like you and bought a 50 Texan. I would like to shoot some of the conventional big bore s and see how they compare. The Texan configuration is powerful but not easy to shoot. I like the power of the AEA Zeus .58 cal . Its really a crap shoot depends on your barrel quality.... Feeling lucky lol. Texans do need a stock too.. Makes them much easier to shoot,.....

Screenshot_20220714-183246-372.png
Screenshot_20220714-182617-488.png

There are a few things that persuaded me on the Bushbuck. Its performance at the EBR 2021 Big Bore event was one of them. The trigger is another and is one of the best things about this rifle. If you have an heirloom rifle and it doesn't have a nice trigger that is a bummer. Yes, the power is another reason (I believe it is marketed as up to 650-700fpe so plenty for any animal). The caliber size of 452 was also highly ideal for casting and ammo selection. It doesn't hurt that it looks amazing either. I did about 5 years of "looking" before selecting this particular rifle. The runner up is the Texan, and the Texan has some unique attributes as well. It really depends on what you aim to do. Heavy modification and customization? Go for the Texan. The Texan is an all American rifle and the people that work at Airforce are wonderful. If you want simple, rugged, and quality, the Bushbuck has the slight edge there. I think the Bushbuck looks better than nearly any big bore I can think of. Both the Texan and the Bushbuck are more accurate than the shooters behind them IMO.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator: