What is actual 2 inch MOA at 200 yards?

You are inappropriately mixing terms Rod. 1 inch is a linear unit of measure of course. MOA is a minute of angle in degrees, and there are 60 minutes in each degree. At 100 yards the arc length of 1 MOA = 1.047 inches. Since MOA is an angle, the arc length of that angle increases with distance from the origin. At 200 yards, 1 MOA = 2.094 inches. So you should say that you are shooting a 1 MOA group at 200 yards which is equivalent to an arc length of 2 inches.

… advised me it was a 1 inch MOA group at 200 yards….

Now I'm confused.

Rod in San Francisco
In an earlier thread, I said:
“1 MOA at 200 yards”. That’s “1 MOA” not “1 inch MOA”.

1 inch at 100 yards = 1 MOA
That’s a “shooter’s MOA. It’s an approximation that is convenient to use when doing simplified calculations to determine precision/accuracy. But we still simply call it an MOA.

A true MOA is an angle. That actually works out to about 1.047” at 100yds, when measuring the opposite side of the triangle (dispersion at target).

Drop the “inch” when specifying MOA. Maybe when you said “inch MOA”, you meant “shooter’s MOA”. Typically we just say “MOA” in either case.

Hi Scotochmo, you were the "kind" AGN member I was referring to in my OP.

Shooters at my club range innocently suggest shooters MOA or inch MOA.
Hence my confusion.

Apparently, I have devaluated my shot calls. I will own declare 2 inch groupings at 200 yards as 1 MOA.

Thanks again brother!

Rod in San Francisco

Reactions: Scotchmo
To expand on that slightly more. Moa scopes are typically a quarter moa adjustment per click at a 100 yards. Shooters often refer to that as a quarter inch per click at 100 yards. Well at 200 yards that same click is approx. a half inch now. At 300, it is roughly three quarters of an inch per click and 400 is around an inch per click. Etc....
Thanks for chiming in!

To expand on that slightly more. Moa scopes are typically a quarter moa adjustment per click at a 100 yards. Shooters often refer to that as a quarter inch per click at 100 yards. Well at 200 yards that same click is approx. a half inch now. At 300, it is roughly three quarters of an inch per click and 400 is around an inch per click. Etc....
There are scopes calibrated to “shooters MOA” (1/4” in 100yds clicks on turrets), Leapers/UTG SFP scopes for instance. FFP MOA scopes almost universally use true MOA turrets. A true MOA is about 4.7% greater than a “shooters MOA”. The difference does not matter all that much out to maybe 100yds. When you are clicking for 200+yd shots, best to use the correct values.

Reactions: 7Green