What is acceptable!

When weighing pellets, using a scale accurate to .1, what would you consider acceptable plus or minus, using JSB 25.39 pellets?
What did you find? About 8 years ago I bought a sleeve of the same pellets that had issues. The flat spot inside the skirt where head ends varied in around 10% of the pellets. I segregated out the odd balls and used them for plinking. The “normal” ones shot great groups. I didn’t bother to weigh them, but odd balls would have been lighter as the cavity that formed the skirt was obviously significantly deeper.

Well, 1042,

if a manufacturer states the weight of a product with two digits past the decimal point — 25.39 — they are indirectly saying that their product weighs between 25.30 and 25.40.

Liars.

Because if the weight tolerances are wider than 0.1, IT MAKES NO SENSE to state the weight with such level of precison (0.01).

EXCEPT, of course, to deceive your customers by making them think their money buys them much more precision than the manufacturer is willing to give them.

Matthias

Reactions: rc4fun and rsfrid
Well, 1042,

if a manufacturer states the weight of a product with two digits past the decimal point — 25.39 — they are indirectly saying that their product weighs between 25.30 and 25.40.

Liars.

Because if the weight tolerances are wider than 0.1, IT MAKES NO SENSE to state the weight with such level of precison (0.01).

EXCEPT, of course, to deceive your customers by making them think their money buys them much more precision than the manufacturer is willing to give them.

Matthias
Well said. JSB is one of the worst violators. I usually find less than 1% of the pellets within .1 grain of stated weight. Head sizes are NEVER (0%) the stated size on the tin. For 22 cal Redesigns I usually find weights as low as 23+ grains up to and over 27 grains. Head sizes run from 5.54 to 5.56.