• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is a more affordable Pressure Booster

Hello. I'm relatively new to the airgun sport. I have a couple airguns that shoot at 4500psi . I Can charge them perfectly with my compressor, but when I'm in the field or at the range I can NOT recharge to 4500psi with my scba Tank. So I've been looking up high pressure booster Pumps and one of those setups is Exactly what I need. But the cost of just the pumps are very expensive never mind all the other apparatuses I would need to assemble a quality and safe unit. So my question is. 

Is ther a cheaper air booster that you know of? Something like the extreme unit. And and all opinions and help would be greatly appreciated. 

I sort of ran into that problem too as my old gun and airtank are 200 BAR, but the new gun i have ordered but still not gotten 5 months later is a 250 BAR gun.

So i just ordered a 300 BAR carbon tank to top up from ( 200 -> 250 BAR )

Not the most convenient setup being a decrepit old fart, and so having to lug around two 12 Liter tanks, but i just cant seem to warm up to those little compressors for mains or 12 V / or both to just fill bottles on the gun.

Fortunately it is just in the end with my 2 floor apartment there will be some carrying, where i shoot i can pretty much park right next to the bench. And as i shoot .177 i get a pretty decent shot number on a fill, so i think it will be fine once i get the damn gun ( im looking at you FX airguns )

My buddy bottles are regulated to 3000 PSI, or 200 Bar. My guns can handle 250 bar, so I just fill a bit more often. Nothing says you have to take your gun to the max pressure allowed. You just get fewer shots.

That's what I was thinking as well. Just because max fill is 300 bar doesn't mean it has to be filled there - and most likely after the heat from a fill cools off your airgun's tank is probably down to 285-290 bar anyways. 

Bring a decent size tank with you and just realize each fill will be a little less total air. 

When dealing with High pressure air, cheap is not always good. Save your money up until you can afford one of the good booster pumps. Probably can find a use one and until then buy a couple Scuba tanks, get them filled for initial fill, Then refill with your home compressor when the scuba tanks get down to 2800 roughly and use them tethered. Just an idea, not gospel. 

From what I am reading he would like to fill to 4500 psi. he already has a tank. You cannot do that with a SCBA tank if your max fill pressure is 4500. Even if you have a full SCBA tank at 4500 and you have a air gun that is only shot down to 3000 psi you cannot get to 4500 with a tank that starts at 4500. Each time after that fill will be less. From my understanding, no one will fill a SCUBA tank past 3000 psi. so you are in a worst case there.

The other option is to go Altaros B2B booster.

Allen

From what I am reading he would like to fill to 4500 psi. he already has a tank. You cannot do that with a SCBA tank if your max fill pressure is 4500. Even if you have a full SCBA tank at 4500 and you have a air gun that is only shot down to 3000 psi you cannot get to 4500 with a tank that starts at 4500. Each time after that fill will be less. From my understanding, no one will fill a SCUBA tank past 3000 psi. so you are in a worst case there.

Allen

Well Allen, I guess I didn’t read deep enough or give detailed enough information. But, I have 2 4500 psi tanks that can be used to fill my rifle , I would get them filled at a paintball field. I would cascade fill my gun from them. Without a compressor or booster that is the best you can get to my knowledge.
I got myself a compressor and a booster, check my posts for info on that if interested. 

No cheap way out. I guess that was my point.

Allen

Well Alan,I guess I didn’t read deep enough or give detailed enough information. But, I have 2 4500 psi tanks that can be used to fill my rifle , I would get them filled at a paintball field. I would cascade fill my gun from them. Without a compressor or booster that is the best you can get to my knowledge.
I got myself a compressor and a booster, check my posts for info on that if interested. 

No cheap way out. I guess that was my point.

Actually Dean there is a cheaper way, borrow a friend's ! 😁 🤣 lol

Allen

Well thanks for the input folks. Actually I may have miss used the Scba term. I have a compressor I can fill my own tank. My tank is 60 min Scott 4500 psi tanks. The gun I'm running that is a air hog is a Umarex Hammer and I'm shooting 545 grain slugs. I'm going on a air gun hunts in Vermont during bear and dear season . So I just bit the bullet. I just ordered 2 more tanks, a extreme pump, and everything else to put together a dependable system. My wife will be pissed when she sees the bank statement but I'll survive lol.

Thanks for the responses.

Well thanks for the input folks. Actually I may have miss used the Scba term. I have a compressor I can fill my own tank. My tank is 60 min Scott 4500 psi tanks. The gun I'm running that is a air hog is a Umarex Hammer and I'm shooting 545 grain slugs. I'm going on a air gun hunts in Vermont during bear and dear season . So I just bit the bullet. I just ordered 2 more tanks, a extreme pump, and everything else to put together a dependable system. My wife will be pissed when she sees the bank statement but I'll survive lol.

Thanks for the responses.

Nice job and good choice. I have the extreme booster pump myself. You will love it. I also misuse the SCBA term! 4500 psi tanks, we have been using them in paintball for many years.
I am in MA, if you want we could meet up and shoot. I have few Extreme big bores as well as few others. 

dean