• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is a good light weight scope for a marauder pistol

I have a fixed 4x32 bsa essential scope right now. I would like to have something lighter, the gun is already light but having a shoulder issue it would be nice to have it a little lighter. Also want some mil dots. Most of my shooting is 50 yards or less. Im not very familer with scopes I paid 80 for the bsa scope is it a good scope ? 

UTG 3-12x44 bug buster

1557893240_15043337415cdb90782b5953.78996296_west stock.jpg

a Mistake I made in pistol scopes=Wrong eye relief for where I had to mount the pistol scope....measure where you want to mount the scope ,then research each pistol scopes eye relief....I have had good luck with the NcStar 2x7x32 modelSPB2732 LONG EYE RELIEF SCOPES...and they go from $40 to$70,,,,hard to beat...

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I have a fixed 4x32 bsa essential scope right now. I would like to have something lighter, the gun is already light but having a shoulder issue it would be nice to have it a little lighter. Also want some mil dots. Most of my shooting is 50 yards or less. Im not very familer with scopes I paid 80 for the bsa scope is it a good scope ?

This is what i wanna eventually put on mine.

Hi, I’ve been collecting data on short scopes (and scopes 3-12x/ 3-9x), and I’m still getting the data ready, but here’s the essence, the:

Scope Model Table

Almost all of the 33 variable magnification scopes on the list
–Focus down to 10y
and have:
–Side parallax
–Exposed turrets for easy clicking
–Tactical reticles = meaning either mil hash lines, mildot or moa (no plain cross hairs, duplex, or BDC)
➔ It was very hard to find scopes of this low magnification (3-12x/ 3-9x) that fulfilled more than two of the four criteria of the above mentioned.... I don’t exactly understand why!

I also included info on:
–Length
–Weight
–Prices (generally between $200 and $300, some more some less)
–Warranty type
–IR
–Max. elevation adjustment range

Happy shopping,
Matthias

The info is in the PDF attachment.

download.png
View attachment 1558054055_19616158295cde04a754e9e8.89474171_Scopes. Short Scopes -- and 3-12x (3-9x).pdf

I think you need to specify if you want a pistol scope or a rifle scope. Lots of guys posted pics and info on rifle scopes. I believe from your title that you want a pistol scope because you mentioned shoulder issues. The only pistol scope that I have that has mildots and has the parallax set at 35yrds (very important), is a UTG 2-7. It’s not a featherweight like a Centerpoint or BSA 2x but it does have multiple aiming points.

I think you need to specify if you want a pistol scope or a rifle scope. Lots of guys posted pics and info on rifle scopes. I believe from your title that you want a pistol scope because you mentioned shoulder issues. The only pistol scope that I have that has mildots and has the parallax set at 35yrds (very important), is a UTG 2-7…

@Vetmx I was thinking something similar. In reading up on which is better to use, I’m curious as to which is would be more desirable. Another thing I was wondering about is, how important is parallax when shooting air pistols? Should someone new to pistol scopes expect to encounter the bulk of pistol scopes (save reflex optics) to have adjustable parallax? I’m thinking answers to these questions depend upon how the pistol is used so I’d like to specify that I’m asking regarding using an air pistol strictly as a pistol. If a shooter decides to go back-and-forth between pistol and carbine configurations, which type of scope would then be optimal in your opinion?