What is a "Cheap" gun - Cost of modifying an Avenger and a Modified Crosman 2240

There is no way to take a $300-$400 gun, dump $500 in it, now a $800-$900 gun and expect it to be as good as a higher end gun that could have been picked up used for the same money.

I've had 2 Hatsan's, currently have an Avenger, FX Dreamlite, and FX Maverick. My Avenger is accurate and fun to plink but it couldn't never be in the same category as my FX's even with all the money and mods. It is a Civic and the FX are the Benz.

People waste so much modding cars and guns when they could have got what they were after, a quality, higher end platform instead of trying to make it something it can never be. Not taking away from budget guns but accept them as they are. You are cheating yourself by modding that Civic that is still is still a Civic.

Reactions: qball
Resell value is not a factor in what I do. I have firearms that belonged to my great grandfather. I do not sell guns, neither did my ggf, gf or father. But I do modify, personalize and make them something more than they were to suit my purpose. When I am dead, my heirs can argue over the value of what I did. If my ggf did trade a firearm it was for food, a horse or property or to get out of a lynching :eek:. I am not after the newest but instead look for value that I can use for decades.

I have modified nearly everything I have owned and taken everything I own apart. I enjoy it, I like doing it and I like taking something that I basically like and turning it into something I like even more.

I will get a M3 when FX releases the M4 and all of y'all want to sell off for the latest hotness and I will give about 50% for it because just like modding an inexpensive gun, all of those mods, Power Plenums, fancy barrels extensions, stiffeners so it will hold POI (maybe), none of it adds a $ to resell. Not to me.

Last edited: