What I am learning about my Alpha Wolf .25

I will share what are some highlights for me about that rifle. Two for today. Did you see that you cannot select pellet weight except from the sliding window in the factory setting? For the .25 they give you 3 choices. Dont' know what it is for the other calibers but you are not asked what the pellet weight is in the advanced settings. So what one is the rifle choosing when you enter that set into the active set? It begs the question what effect does it have if you change to much lighter/heavier pellet or slug?
The second is, it is not in the manual, there is a choice to rename or delete and advanced setting you made. In the manual it shows how to do the advanced settings and shows screens you will see. The rename/delete is not one of the screens. It then goes on to Chrono on/off, Time to sleep, etc. Unless I missed a page when downloading the Pdf. it is not in there.
The intent is not to frame my self as some expert but to illustrate what I have bumped into along this rode to learning the AW and that I haven't discoverd on this forum or other places. Maybe some of things I Illustrate you have also bumped into and have found a solution/work around.

In the Advanced mode the last step is to select a name for your new parameters. Since Daystate upgraded the Factory algorithms, I've only been using the Factory Mode. If you're using slugs, use the Factory Mode for the 34 grain heavy pellets which is fairly close to most of the slugs. My current gun is a .30 caliber and when I change the desired speed it only takes a couple of shots to get where I want to go, then hunts slightly above and below that setting as I shoot. The manual for the Programmer says if a speed is 4 fps lower or higher than your desired set point for two consecutive shots, the factory setting will be changed to increase or decrease the pellet speed. It works really great now, and after all, isn't that the reason we bought these guns, so that we could select a speed and let the computer handle the ES? If you're using the Advanced Mode all the time you might as well have a Red Wolf...

The key is to set the reg. fairly high, like 155 bar, and set the Factory Mode where you want the speed. If the gun can do that speed, it will. Once you are at the desired speed, lower the reg. by 10 bar, and try it again. If it can reach your speed, then again until it can't. At that point, raise it back to the latest pressure where it did your desired speed. This will give you a very good ES, in my gun BETTER than the Advanced Mode. And, as temperature, humidity, or barometric pressure change, the gun will still work to keep your same speed, and you can't do that in Advanced Mode (or with an Impact). I have my gun set to shoot the .30 cal. 50.1 gr. pellets at 880 FPS or 86 FPE, and my reg. is set to 135 bar...

Reactions: Arzrover