What High End in .22 long range

But if you are looking for an excuse to spend several thousand dollars on a new air rifle then the Marauder is not expensive enough for consideration or even the bargain priced Air Arms S510 at only $1500. Don't do the math on cost per bird killed as ignorance is bliss.

I look at it like Golf, more stroke I take the cheaper it is per shot. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the whole point of a bullpup (PB or air rifle) to be able to run a rifle-length barrel, but in a short compact package? OP’s post has me feeling like his bullpup (or maybe all air powered bullpups) have shorter than rifle-length barrels which kind of defeats the purpose, no? A “full sized gun” theoretically shouldn’t have a longer barrel then, unless we’re talking about like 18” on the bullpup and like 24” on the full sized. 

So do Airgun bullpup’s not have rifle-length barrels then?

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the whole point of a bullpup (PB or air rifle) to be able to run a rifle-length barrel, but in a short compact package? OP’s post has me feeling like his bullpup (or maybe all air powered bullpups) have shorter than rifle-length barrels which kind of defeats the purpose, no? A “full sized gun” theoretically shouldn’t have a longer barrel then, unless we’re talking about like 18” on the bullpup and like 24” on the full sized. 

So do Airgun bullpup’s not have rifle-length barrels then?

Generally the added barrel length is only way some Airguns can achieve power or to compensate for extreme inefficiency. The added length can unfortunately cause other problems if not done correctly. I agree a bullpup should be shorter to classify as compact as well as to shed some lbs. Many of the modern airguns, especially in the USA are offered in larger calibers and with that comes length to meet the want to shoot slugs. Old technology trying to meet modern demand without spending the investment for a redesigned platform. 

I am satisfied with the FX Royale 500 (.25) up to 100 m, and that would be my recommendation. (And a good scope + heavy JSB pellets of course). But there are listed many good rifles here, and I am sure you can`t go wrong with any of them. 

Edit: Sorry - I see now you specified the .22. But regardless, for long range pest control I would recommend the .25.......

More discussion than I thought possible. For better or worse I have a RAW 1000x Chassis RH .22 coming my way. Many here steered me in that direction.

I have a Prophet .25 and it's extremely accurate. Since I have settled on Hades for all my guns the slug is not in the cards for me. Maybe wrong but if you are gonna shoot slugs why not just use a powder burner. I won't for many reasons. One being the report. The other one has to be much more critical what's beyond the target and on the Dairy farms I work, even though not urban, there are other things and people closer than i would feel comfortable in taking a shot with a powder burner or a slug.

I have a .222 Remington dead on at 25 and 250 midrange trajectory 3". Was great for the open areas in Eastern Washington but not so good here. Nobody where I shoot would like the noise of that rifle even though I really like it and know it well. I am now a tried an true slightly snobbish air rifle person.

Be safe, The Delta Variant has taken a lot of people I know.

Pellets only? Then you have 2 options JSB/FX 25.39's and 33.95's. Years ago Daystates ran the H&N Baracuda's 21.1's at close to 50 foot pounds, but most of my guns I have had won't shoot them accurately past 34-38 foot pounds (850-910fps). 

The max speed depending on barrel is around 920fps with both. Like I said depending on barrel. 

I have a Taipan Veteran long in 22cal that will do 55 foot pounds with 33.95 JSB pellets with an optional stronger hammer spring. (47 foot pounds with the stock hammer spring)

There are several that will shoot 50 foot pounds: Taipan, FX, Daystate HP, Brocock, The new Cricket II long version. RAW. 

Plus at 50 foot pounds you will still have 25 foot pounds at 100 yards with the 25.39's. 

I own 2 that can do it: Taipan Veteran long and the FX Maverick. The Taipan trigger is 2.9 ounces, which is unreal. The Maverick came stock at 12 ounces, which I like, but I may tune it later. 

Questions like this always tend to attract subjective answers. Unless you live in a vacuum space, then first and foremost - choose the highest BC pellet for your caliber of choice. The slightest of wind will affect pellet accuracy.

The common choices are:

• .22 JSB Monster Redesigned (25.39gr, ~0.042-0.05 BC)
  • .25 JSB King Heavy MK2 (33.9gr 0.045-0.053 BC)
  • .30 JSB 50.15gr (50.15gr, 0.052-0.06 BC)
  • .35 JSB Exact (81gr, ~0.055 BC)

I have perosnally found that the Monster RDs and 50.15gr JSBs are the top performing. Both are what I would consider to be 150y pellets. When it comes to minimal wind drift, I definitely prefer the 50.15gr JSBs, but that leads into the next logical step in this process - choosing the barrel (not rifle) to shoot your chosen pellet!

Not all barrels will shoot a given pellet the same as another barrel of the same caliber. There are often times where you can have two "identical" airgun barrels that do not shoot the pellet identically - this always indicates that there are some difference(s) between the two barrels. Whether it's a QC / machining error (for better or worse), it's usually the case.

Bottom line is high end rifles are man made, and it's not guaranteed to buy one with a barrel that is setup / machined to be flawless for a given pellet.

I have found that with a .25 rifle a single shot to the body of a squirrel is 100% effective in achieving a 1-shot kill. I have 3x as large a target with a body versus a head shot and that means I will take a shot with the .25 rifle that I would have passed on with my .22 rifle.

I don't understand the worry about wind as seldom will there be a strong cross wind that will affect the drift of the pellet and if there is wind, unlike a target range, when out in the field one can change ones position to have the wind from the rear of the shooter. Winds are generally present in the afternoon and far less likely to be a problem in the morning hours. Easiest enough to be out at dawn or at dusk when the critters will be most active.