• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What High End in .22 long range

Pellet only...no slugs, rifle would you recommend? I know about Fx but may be unaware of some less well advertised manufacturer that is producing something like the quality of the Delta wolf and may be as good if not better. If I am looking at something like the Delta wolf price is not primary. Just looking for a rifle that will be dedicated to long range shooting. Nothing less than 100 yds. I have bullpups dedicated to dairy farm pesting but what would be the make and model of something that is full size and will be used almost exclusively for long range shots at the dairy farm. It would be used only for birds eating and pooping on the farmers feed, not big critters. Many of the birds hang out just beyond that what I can reach with the bullpups. Thanks for your knowledge and experience.

The American Air Arms EVOL is high end and long range capable with built in moa. As far as traditional rifles go they don't really come much nicer than what Daystate offers.

Ultimate long range shooter absolutely AAA EVOL HPS .22 paired with RD Monsters you'd be golden. Or a RAW HM1000X. But if you got the money can't go wrong with the EVOL.

I agree with dairyboy The evol in .22hp is the one to give consistent results time after time, bullet proof not many o-rings last a life time, but for pure Benchrest? I had the standard and Was a little awkward for me plus by the time I received mine my purpose’s had changed.

The RAW with LRT Stock would be a close second for many the same reasons as the evol.

Third would be the RW SAFARI I’ve owned all three and my choice would be a used or new RAW!

I agree with dairyboy The evol in .22hp is the one to give consistent results time after time, bullet proof not many o-rings last a life time, but for pure Benchrest? I had the standard and Was a little awkward for me plus by the time I received mine my purpose’s had changed.

The RAW with LRT Stock would be a close second for many the same reasons as the evol.

Third would be the RW SAFARI I’ve owned all three and my choice would be a used or new RAW!

I honestly was very disappointed in the RAW, expected the quality to live up but it was not very well machined. Was it accurate? Yes, but definitely not to the standard of high end. I'm not sure if this is due to them being produced by Airforce now but the quality was not what I had seen years prior. I think the name has lived on but that's about it.

I have a RedWolf HP in .22. Fantastic rifle, extremely accurate. And great service from AOA.

I also have a RAW in .25 and the walnut LRT stock. It is a brute and equally accurate.

I wanted another “high end” long range .22 and had earlier set might sights on a Delta Wolf, but decided I liked the simplicity and brute durability of the RAW so much, I just ordered one in a chassis version from Utah Airguns. Will provide a full review once received and tested. Because I ordered it in the cerekote finish, it may be several weeks before it arrives.

Pellet only...no slugs, rifle would you recommend? I know about Fx but may be unaware of some less well advertised manufacturer that is producing something like the quality of the Delta wolf and may be as good if not better. If I am looking at something like the Delta wolf price is not primary. Just looking for a rifle that will be dedicated to long range shooting. Nothing less than 100 yds. I have bullpups dedicated to dairy farm pesting but what would be the make and model of something that is full size and will be used almost exclusively for long range shots at the dairy farm. It would be used only for birds eating and pooping on the farmers feed, not big critters. Many of the birds hang out just beyond that what I can reach with the bullpups. Thanks for your knowledge and experience.

I like the look of the RAW chassis model better than the laminate. Other than the stock is everything else, the innards, the same. same barrel etc.?

Jim81, I understand your search.

You have given suggestions (as highlighted above) to us what you are looking for, and what you like , but, have not mentioned what you are currently shooting (bullpup of some type, length). What pellets do you intend on shooting in the new gun? 18 , 25, 33+?

What is your current gun not delivering to you that you need a more powerful one?

Any problem can be solved when you through enough money at it.

At 100 yards a .25 cal pellet provides results hitting the bird anywhere so accuracy is far less critical. If I was the farmer I would want the pest control person to be using non-lead ammo and for that the Predator GRO .25 in 16.54 gr is very effective (and that includes 1-shot kills on wild turkeys). For general pest control the new Benjamin Marauder semi auto in .22 is appealing as one can fire 10 shots as fast as one can squeeze the trigger and being regulated the accuracy is very good and consistent. But if you are looking for an excuse to spend several thousand dollars on a new air rifle then the Marauder is not expensive enough for consideration or even the bargain priced Air Arms S510 at only $1500. Don't do the math on cost per bird killed as ignorance is bliss.