• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What have you done with your airgun today?

QB sir, I am not into camo but yours look really fine and I like it 
1f60e.svg

Thanks! Sadly my camo laminate ambidextrous VA grip for the 1720T still hasn’t shipped, think you would like that camo a bit more. 😜

Nothing yet........i have to pick it up from the UPS store it was just delivered! Got the Kral Empire X in .25. Gonna get it home and mount the $59 CP scope the Odoyle suggested!

that should be a fun build, be sure to post it up! 

Today I decided to switch to non-lead ammo for my 1701P because I have really hard time finding used pellets even against a rock wall so don’t want all this lead in the yard. I have some H&N target trophy green for my pistols 1701P shooting indoors so figured might as well give it try. holy smokes these are accurate out of the 1701P, basically 1 hole at 34 yards. The weight and size must be really consistent because on the chrony I got ES of 6 and SD of 1.7 over 10 shots! Another good thing is the penetration power decreases significantly at 34 yards compared to the lead crosman pointed pellet which is great for the back yard. Will I crease my speed from 550 to 600 FPS and still be safer. This is awesome! Only down side is these pellets are spendy but I don’t target shoot with them besides a few shots here and there to check POI. To Odoyle’s point about unregulated gun the POI on the 1701 never changes. 

4C99D427-F187-4C01-9E43-B203DC08DF76.1613854668.jpeg

QB sir, I am not into camo but yours look really fine and I like it 
1f60e.svg

Thanks! Sadly my camo laminate ambidextrous VA grip for the 1720T still hasn’t shipped, think you would like that camo a bit more. 😜

Nothing yet........i have to pick it up from the UPS store it was just delivered! Got the Kral Empire X in .25. Gonna get it home and mount the $59 CP scope the Odoyle suggested!

that should be a fun build, be sure to post it up! 

Mine too, and I ordered 2 sets from him, sir 😁

Those LW barrels from Crosman are really super accurate.

I intend to change my PROD (will buy a 17xx breech and a .177 LW barrel for it) into a 17xx, then have it plated or Cerakoted in silver.

34 yards is nothing to laugh about!

I have only tried mine (a Don Cothran 2260 with a 14" LW barrel in .177) at 25 yards and it is capable of single hole shots using 1034g JSB's.

My custom PROD (OEM Crosman barrel) is accurate but it is not as accurate as the my other build with a LW barrel and a Challenger transfer port--I installed a Magnum Air Power .038" hammer spring on mine for low power.

Those LW barrels from Crosman are really super accurate.

I intend to change my PROD (will buy a 17xx breech and a .177 LW barrel for it) into a 17xx, then have it plated or Cerakoted in silver.

34 yards is nothing to laugh about!

I have only tried mine (a Don Cothran 2260 with a 14" LW barrel in .177) at 25 yards and it is capable of single hole shots using 1034g JSB's.

My custom PROD (OEM Crosman barrel) is accurate but it is not as accurate as the my other build with a LW barrel and a Challenger transfer port--I installed a Magnum Air Power .038" hammer spring on mine for low power.

might be easier and cheaper to sell the PRod and buy a 1720T from crosman.com with agn code. 

Huggett shroud arrived today for my new/used WC MkIII Compact. Pard had arrived last night, so I got to install the shroud and get the Pard zeroed. Project to be finished on Monday when the Spartan/Javelin Lite (magnetic mount) bipod which I purchased from another AGN member arrives.

IMG_1303.1614393023.JPG

IMG_1304.1614393000.JPG

wow! That’s going to one sick setup!!! Been drooling over the pard008 but don’t think we supposed to have them here in CA. 

wow! That’s going to one sick setup!!! Been drooling over the pard008 but don’t think we supposed to have them here in CA.

I definitely would not put one on a firearm since the IR emitter is not removable, but since airguns are not firearms and we can put silencers on them legally I figured that I would be O.K. with mounting the Pard.

Strange laws (in CA? Really???) - last time I read them (couple of years back) a night vision firearm hunting scope could not have a built-in IR emitter, but it was perfectly acceptable to use a separate IR light... Its the kind of stuff you get when the folks in power try to regulate something which they really know nothing about, and don't even care to learn.

I definitely would not put one on a firearm since the IR emitter is not removable, but since airguns are not firearms and we can put silencers on them legally I figured that I would be O.K. with mounting the Pard.

Strange laws (in CA? Really???) - last time I read them (couple of years back) a night vision firearm hunting scope could not have a built-in IR emitter, but it was perfectly acceptable to use a separate IR light... Its the kind of stuff you get when the folks in power try to regulate something which they really know nothing about, and don't even care to learn.

100%! do be careful because it’s up to the police interpretation and the law prohibits ownership/possession even IF it can be attached to a firearm! I wouldn’t do it if you own any firearms at all. It’s pretty nuts for sure but at least when it comes to airgun as long as we aren’t in major cities it’s not too bad. Granted all it takes is one guy F it up for all of us, it’s matter of when not if. 

Shot 2 Starlings who were molesting the pair of red-bellied woodpeckers (Melanerpes carolinus) that have drilled out a nest in one of the Oak trees in my back yard.

This pair of woodpeckers are very tenacious, so I don't know that they really need my help, but I am glad they have supplied me with new targets as I seldom get a shot at any tree rats these days. The tree rat was from yesterday and had been rained on. Perhaps that is why my usual scavengers (Opossum and cats) didn't remove it already? (grin)

IMG_03491.1614662719.jpg