• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What have you done with your airgun today?

I need a country sounds for this, minus the dog died part because I don't have a dog right now. My hand pump died and my pistol's one way fill valve broke or won't close. I even cleaned it thoroughly and it still won't work, doesn't seem that complicated but darn thing refuse to work. Probably will order another one tonight. Then I forgot to call crosman about the 1701 because I got too many meetings from work. 
1f62d.svg

When you cleaned it did you replace the o-ring? The o-ring gets "burnt" and hard from the air rushing in and doesn't want to seal. I went through this with one of mine, that I can't tether for extended periods of time because it will dump all the air if I disconnect.

This type of fill port? 

www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKXV157/?coliid=I96MBJVNMEWJZ&colid=2QRHG5NJPD4NR&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I need a country sounds for this, minus the dog died part because I don't have a dog right now. My hand pump died and my pistol's one way fill valve broke or won't close. I even cleaned it thoroughly and it still won't work, doesn't seem that complicated but darn thing refuse to work. Probably will order another one tonight. Then I forgot to call crosman about the 1701 because I got too many meetings from work. 
1f62d.svg

When you cleaned it did you replace the o-ring? The o-ring gets "burnt" and hard from the air rushing in and doesn't want to seal. I went through this with one of mine, that I can't tether for extended periods of time because it will dump all the air if I disconnect.

This type of fill port? 

www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKXV157/?coliid=I96MBJVNMEWJZ&colid=2QRHG5NJPD4NR&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I haven’t opened up that part yet, the gun is only 1 month old. Could be old stock though. I’ll open it up and look at it later tonight. 

edit: can’t seem to open the valve part. Will call crosman tomorrow for a replacement. 

Bought a used stock for my Taipan a year ago. Planned to reshape it or something but the previous owner got a little crazy with his drill so it just sat. I was getting ready to chuck it in the garbage yesterday because I’m tired of seeing it laying around. I glanced at my gun sitting there with its turd colored stock and thought what the heck, it’s winter time, I’ll refinish the extra stock and see how it turns out. I don’t know what kind of stuff Taipan uses on their stocks but getting it off is no fun. I see Taipans with laminate stocks, painted like my truck bed, even one that was painted like a Harley gas tank, but not many with a nice looking wood stock. Hopefully this thing turns out ok. The wood isn’t the greatest.

Re-crowned and polished the bore of the Impact's .25 Superior heavy liner because I was getting unacceptable 1" groups at 55 yards. It worked, resulting in what appears to be moa groups at 110 yards, using 43.5 NSA slugs. No rear bag and 25° weather with lightly gusting winds threw off my game just a touch to not be able to claim a sub-moa result.

Re-crowned and polished the bore of the Impact's .25 Superior heavy liner because I was getting unacceptable 1" groups at 55 yards. It worked, resulting in what appears to be moa groups at 110 yards, using 43.5 NSA slugs. No rear bag and 25° weather with lightly gusting winds threw off my game just a touch to not be able to claim a sub-moa result.

wow that’s really good result!!! 

What did you use to polish and re-crown your liner?

To re-crown it I used a carbide cutter and just twisted it carefully in the tips of my fingers until I was happy. Then I polished the crown with 800 grit before polishing the bore. I have been using 3M micro polishing cloth in steps down to something like 2000 grit on the bore. I don't treat it like rocket science, but making sure that the crown is strait is pretty important.

Part of the reason for the bore polish was so I could open the choke up a bit. It was pretty tight from the factory and may have been contributing to the slugs not shooting well. It is still choked, but doesn't feel as tight as before. It may need opened up some more even, but we'll see how it acts first.

In my ever lasting urge(stupidity) to mess around with things and change things up I took the Tom West stock off of my 1720T and put the RAI adapter back on. Not because I don’t like Tom West stick but I miss the folding stock that makes it much easier to store and once a while walking across my yard with it semi consealed. Obviously that’s basically impossible with a normal full size stock. Lastly I do have a VA grip coming for it so super excited about that. 

A518E18F-2A77-42FD-81EE-3BC77304340B.1612213123.jpeg

In my ever lasting urge(stupidity) to mess around with things and change things up I took the Tom West stock off of my 1720T and put the RAI adapter back on. Not because I don’t like Tom West stick but I miss the folding stock that makes it much easier to store and once a while walking across my yard with it semi consealed. Obviously that’s basically impossible with a normal full size stock. Lastly I do have a VA grip coming for it so super excited about that. 

A518E18F-2A77-42FD-81EE-3BC77304340B.1612213123.jpeg

So you ordered another set of VA grips, QB sir?

Yeah, I know, 1 set is not enough 😝

Been in contact with Hatsan for a new o-ring. They said it costs a dollar for it they asked for my shipping address i gave it to them,and haven't heard back from them.

Went on their website found the maintenance kit but it was out of stock in my caliber. Starting to think 🤔 if I'm having these issues over a simple o-ring what'll happen when it's a more SERIOUS matter.

Love my Vectis and the mods I did on it(really proud of them too,being a newbie)but now I'm wary of further dealings with them.

Soooo to the community I pose these questions. What manufacturer of air guns are best for customer services. And if you were getting a new air rifle which would you get in the price range of say 1k?

Yeah, I know, 1 set is not enough
1f61d.svg

1 set is obviously not enough! Actually saw a set in the classified and of course I had to jump on it. As much as I think Tom West’s stock is really nice VA’s grips are simply at another level, plus I really like my AR folding stock. I’ll hold onto Tom’s stock for the time being and decide on what to do later, good thing it’s quite affordable. 

edit: VA grips are so nice even a function over form guy like me is eyeing polishing the ugly lumpy crosman handle! I’m becoming a diva!!! What next? Matching camo underwear?😅

Been in contact with Hatsan for a new o-ring. They said it costs a dollar for it they asked for my shipping address i gave it to them,and haven't heard back from them.

Went on their website found the maintenance kit but it was out of stock in my caliber. Starting to think
1f914.svg
if I'm having these issues over a simple o-ring what'll happen when it's a more SERIOUS matter.

Love my Vectis and the mods I did on it(really proud of them too,being a newbie)but now I'm wary of further dealings with them.

Soooo to the community I pose these questions. What manufacturer of air guns are best for customer services. And if you were getting a new air rifle which would you get in the price range of say 1k?

from limited personal experience I had VERY good customer service from crosman a s FX. As far as a 1000 dollar guns goes I would highly recommend the Dreamline, It is sublime in many ways, once you go FX you can’t go back! LOL 

I still don’t understand all the hate for FX, my impression is they simply can’t stand that FX is wildly popular and successful. They aren’t wildly successful only because of marketing, they are every bit as good as YouTube guys say they are. Down side is you will wait 2 month for even their low end gun. I had BSA, AEA and Artemis, all fine guns but finding orings is a challenge let alone other parts. With both crosman and FX I just call them and the parts are on the way! I would personally avoid non us made or Turkey made crosman, tried one and it wasn’t great. BUT at least you can get parts for them UNLIKE hatsan which I will never buy. 

Yeah, I know, 1 set is not enough
1f61d.svg

1 set is obviously not enough! Actually saw a set in the classified and of course I had to jump on it. As much as I think Tom West’s stock is really nice VA’s grips are simply at another level, plus I really like my AR folding stock. I’ll hold onto Tom’s stock for the time being and decide on what to do later, good thing it’s quite affordable. 

edit: VA grips are so nice even a function over form guy like me is eyeing polishing the ugly lumpy crosman handle! I’m becoming a diva!!! What next? Matching camo underwear?
1f605.svg

Make it a T-back, sir 😝

Well, I did order another ambi set from him moments ago; I went for Crossbones laminate (white and black/charcoal grey), but I told him that if he doesn’t have it, then I am going for his always-in-current-inventory blue and grey, as both will match my powdercoated speckle-finish light grey Crosman grips.

VA grips are just too darn nice and comfortable it’s like cupping your woman’s perfectly-size whatchamacallit 😝