• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

What have you done with your airgun today?

I've been doing a lot of shooting off the bench latley. I've been testing different pellets in my HW95s. Shot out to 40yards yesterday. Today it was windy so I limited testing to 15yrds.

The springers can be a little frustrating sometimes. One day a pellet will do better than another then the next day the other brand will do better. Today the Crosman Premier pellets actually shot better than the 15.89gr JSBs. All groups were very good though and the rifles are holding their zeros.

weather cleared up and fairly warm so packed my pp700 in my riding backpack and went for a ride through the neighborhood trails. saw 2 gangs of turkeys each at least 20 strong, got close to both of them like 15 feet close! tempted to bust out the trusty pp700 but having a big turkey strapped to my pack would raise a few eye brows.......LOL

Knockdown_Shooting_Bench.cdr (weebly.com) I finished a shooting bench today using the plans in the linky. To cold and windy to shoot today, so I got nothing.

I was thinking about doing something like that with 2x4s but got lazy and use those packable camping table instead. 

Cleaned the barrel, gave 'er a wipedown and took a little photo opp 

20201227_220921.1609137768.jpg

Bedliner-painted my 2260 stock 
1f601.svg

bedliner paint 2.1608994174.jpg

2260 stock 2.1608994190.jpg

Ooohhhh........that is quite nice!!! This is giving me some ideas, maybe I can paint the shroud with that! That’s the textured version right? 

edit: this reminds me that I have a few cans of sand plastidip, maybe I’ll try that first before I fully commit.

disco stock painted 6.1609202624.jpg

The bead-blasted aluminum Magnum Air Power Disco trigger assembly matches the stainless DC 2260 PCP tube well 😁

I am glad I picked this bedliner color for the ugly 2260 wooden stock, lol!

Kinda looks like a stainless 10/22 in a Hogue stock ✌️

Took more than a month, QB sir 😁

Ordered it on Nov. 30th along with a Boyd's AR grip (to fit one of my Blue Fork 22xx/13xx trigger assemblies) of the same color when they had all laminate colors on sale.

I like blue, especially when it's paired with stainless stuff ☝️

My current airguns are not high end, but they are custom and built the way I want them, lol!

Got matching Tactical Innovations rings in Royal Blue for it.

I have pairs of them in various colors:

tactical In rings blue.1609257754.jpg

I do replace the screws with stainless, which I deburr and polish.

Kind of like this pair:

sleeve 7 2.1609257930.jpg

Minute details make toys pop out you, know.

Gotta love working from home so I can tinker with my Airguns while on conference calls! LOL

Added a carbon fiber shroud this has about 1mm of space between the shroud and the barrel, seems to be slightly quieter. The fit is basically perfect with DonnyFL adapter!

C28B0B17-F60F-491C-8213-2B598B3315F7.1609290594.jpeg
ED5EE60F-B2BC-4E49-A1B5-F2CA2D4A1A1F.1609290594.jpeg
B93FE4C5-9365-4D81-83B4-A8F823546B15.1609290594.jpeg

with the larger contact area I got really good amount of tension on the barrel so should t have any POI shift. Very accurate even with factory 177 barrel. 

Swapped some scopes, took the chinese tactical scope with a laser from my Hatsan tactical .22and put it on my Artemis pp700s-a that i have had a reddot on, and put a Leapers 3-9x40 on my Hatsan tactical, a reddot is perfect on the pp700s-a but i have trouble with my eyes and the dot is not a dot, it's like saturn with stars and comets, and put a Umarex 3-7 cheap scope on my qb57, so now i have 3 guns to zero... 

There is a simple clean character to that, along with a really rich wood, that makes that very attractive to me. If I recall correctly, the cheek protrusion is called a Monte Carlo stock, which is a remembrance for me of my favorite rifle ever, a .22 cal Weatherby Mark XII semi-auto. So incredibly comfortable to hold and sight along.

Anyway, yours is different, but beautiful enough and familiar enough to give me an instinctive like for it. Hope you enjoy it! To me, this classic simplicity is largely what the beauty of a rifle as tool made beautifully is all about.

ss

Thank you, QB sir 🤓

I sanded the inletting to rid of rough spots, sanded the whole body with fine sandpaper, burnished it with rottenstone, then gave the coup de grace using Renaissance wax.

It is not overly shiny, which I prefer, but a notch above the satin finish it originally came with.

GreenArrow’s springer looks uber nice, and the only thing I don’t like about it is the fact that it’s on a rough pavement 😝

Pretty toys like that need a red carpet, you know 🤓