What have you done with your airgun today?

@BackStop I have the same “problem”, squirrels hasn’t visited my yard in months now and the coons that wrecked last of my fig harvest dispersed as soon as I put out the hand cuffs for then. 😅

@ThomasT FX service is heads and shoulders above anyone else by a country mile! Not only their guns are just too much fun and phenomenal, their customer services made me a fanboy for life.
Hello qball,

I must agree with you 100%. I just sent an email to them in appreciation of the quality of workmanship and the quick turn around time. More than one day without the Crown and I begin to have severe withdrawal symptoms :oops: . Shot a 200 score on the 30-Yard Challenge this morning, then moved the target in to 25-yards and shot several MOA cards. Only missed one on this card out of 30 shots 😬.

ThomasT
25-MOA FX Crown MKII 08-26-2022.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: qball
So Today I spent my time in front of my Lathe..
Prepping for my 800mm barrel for my FX M3..

First off Cutting a proper 11° target crown.
Rather than using the usual single point cutter on my lathe.
I use the Mason Crown cutting system. It can cut crowns on barrels ranging from .22 to .50
The cutterhead use three staggered carbide cutters.(photos are from my LW.22 polygonal barrel)

20200909_122237.jpg

So it uses a expandable arbor each major caliber for the cutter head to rotate on..
20200909_125920.jpg

20200909_1301521.jpg

What is unique the Mason system, the cutter creates fine threads swarf as it cuts, no chips.
20200909_122313.jpg

So this is what my 800mm heavy liner's crown looks like.
800mm%2011deg%20crown.jpg

Next I cut a piece of 20mm x 14mm x 4.125" CF tube for my tension barrel system .
I use my existing Harmonic Tuning shroud, as tensioning device.
800mm%20tensioner%20tube.jpg

Now I had to fabricate a CF Stiffening Tube for my 800mm barrel..
I used a 700mm cf tube and a piece I cut from a shorter CF tube(I cut it like I did above!) and glue them together
800mm%20barrel%20stiffener.jpg

I have dual barrel set screws to secure the barrel, so I prepped the barrel Attachment extension with a set screw groove.
This to insure the barrel will not pullout!
800mm%20barrel%20groove.jpg

So what the 700mm and 800mm barrels look like next each other.
Barrel%20Compare.jpg

Next is up install and test with some slugs I have made...

Stuart

Last edited:
I put a couple magazines through my P35-177 shooting my home made know your limits target. I shot it from my bench 33 yards away. I missed the 1/4 inch target once. I also shot a golf ball I have on that target too and managed to embed one of the copper plated H&N Baracuda Power pellets I was using. I've been shooting 30 yard challenge targets but shooting the metal swinging targets was a lot less stressful.

Reactions: qball and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Shot 8 paper targets this morning, 5 with my FX Crown MK II .177 and 3 with my Diana Stormrider .177.
First shot a “test’ target with the Crown to get a feel of the wind condition ( first photo ) and make any adjustments. Then shot a MOA 25-Yard Target and hit all 30 Rings even though the #1 was just barely on the line. Shot three 8 by 8 Competition Targets and missed one of the center rings on all three target, so the perfect 160 score still eludes me with this target. Then I shot 3 test targets with the Stormrider and several magazines at some spinners. Always have fun shooting the spinners.

ThomasT

FX Crown Test 25-Yards 08-28-2022.jpg

FX Crown 25-Yard MOA 08-28-2022.jpg

WOW! What a struggle! Finally go my impact back together after new PowerBlock and PP upgrade, first valve tube didn’t fit so FX sent me a new one. After redone the entire thing probably 5 times it’s finally sealed and holding air. Rebuilt the regulator for good measure too! For consolation my back ordered 700mm barrel tensioner came and now I just need to go shoot it. Good thing is I know this gun inside out, there are quite a few orings but it really isn’t that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThomasT