• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What have you done with your airgun today?

Got nice wood inbound!

20201127_221657.webp

UrgTrash makes affordable stocks ☝️

Nice one!

Got nice wood inbound!

20201127_221657.webp

UrgTrash makes affordable stocks 
261d.svg

Nice one!

thanks, the price seems pretty on par with all the other not so expensive stocks. I really like that style though, however the wood isn’t my first choice because he is upgrading shop. this is the only stock he has finished and next stock will be close to 2 months so I figured I’ll try it out first. His segmented walnut stock looks really awesome. 

I switched scope styles on the Slayer to a light LPVO for a (successful) experiment. It had the Nightforce NX8 4-32×50 on there, but switched to the far lower magnification NX8 1-8×24. So far I am liking the weight loss and low power option. Target acquisition is spot on at lower magnification, and throwing it to 8 power for long range shots is a breeze. The holdover reticle is the same, though tiny until mid way through the magnification range. It functions flawlessly as a dialer as well. The only thing that I "lost" was a bench spotting scope really.

IMG_20210106_140739196_BURST0072.1610000639.jpg
IMG_20210106_1654384932.1610000668.jpg

Well, while I wasn't working on getting my new eBay Diablo HPA compressor set up and working, I was doing a body swap on some Crowns.

My .30 cal Mk2 was purchased as the VP model, to which I had added a TT 580cc bottle and a 'blem' 700mm barrel from UA. But it was so plain in that synthetic stock.

Autodoc's .30 cal Mk1, however, came to me with the beautiful blue lam stock. And since I had the extra 380mm .25 cal barrel from my Continuum... well a new .30 cal bench beauty and a .25 cal field hunter were born. Just waiting on the new pellet probe for the .25, which should arrive today.

IMG_1091.1610028985.JPG

Yes, but expensive!

I was going to order one for the Crosman but changed my mind.

With the adjustable cheek rise the price goes up to $500 shipped to the USA.

I would have grabbed one were it less than $400.

Bereft of a versatile comb, the cheek weld gets compromised, as it is too low for optics based on the photos presented.

I think Mr. Steve Corcoran can make something like it; a version that lacks the forearm to make it more affordable, but with a higher cheek rise to line up with the aiming eye.

IMHO, a high cheek rest (non-adjustable to simmer down the cost) is a better option because one could easily rectify it with risers or high scope rings.

This one is a Thai-made laminate stock for the Crosman:

thai stock.1610037905.jpg

This one looks equally as appealing, but I would prefer it to be ambidextrous:

thompson.1610038075.png

Well my .25 cal pellet probe arrived this morning, and I was able to complete my Crown caliber change, short barrel rifle.

IMG_1095.1610051639.JPG

I had never before understood (or achieved) harmonic balance/tune with an air rifle (that I knew of). I tested the new configuration on HS settings 3, 5, and MAX (zero'd at HS3 @ 25 yards). Then tested HS4 and achieved nirvana. Most are 3 shot groups on the target trying different HS settings. Group in the upper right of the target is 50 shots @ 25 yards with FX 25.4's running an average of 863 fps. And I'm not all that good of a shot. I really like my new project gun! Now to see how it does at 50 yards.

IMG_1094.1610051810.JPG

She is a beauty, QB sir
1f601.svg

The VA grips are still absent though?

thanks dark horse!!! I need to take a better picture during the day! Supposedly the VA grip is in USPS hands so finger crossed and hope to get it this week. Still on the fence about the optics, hopefully the incoming scope weight in at 14 oz will work properly because the 1701 is deadly accurate like her bigger sister 1720. These two and the PP700 carbine are so accurate it’s mind blowing to me. 

retuned the 1701 last night because my old tune didn’t seem right and loud. At about 2700 psi I get 450fps, up to 472fps at 2300 psi then back down to 450 FPS at 1800 psi, deviation between shots are less than 5fps. majority of the 40 shots are 450-460 so pretty happy with that bell curve/shot string. 

You will be very happy with the VA grips 🤓

His furniture are tung-oiled and matte in appearance.

Was going to use rottenstone on them, then a coup de grace of Renaissance wax to give them a shiny look, but decided to leave them as is because their current finish leaves no finger prints.

He takes pride in packing them seriously, which is a nice touch!

You will be very happy with the VA grips
1f913.svg

His furniture are tung-oiled and matte in appearance.

Was going to use rottenstone on them, then a coup de grace of Renaissance wax to give them a shiny look, but decided to leave them as is because their current finish leaves no finger prints.

He takes pride in packing them seriously, which is a nice touch!

Can’t wait!!! 

Here are couple of pictures of Tom West’s stock. I really like it! Check riser actually perfectly match my AR stock and over all the gun feels more solid and transformed the gun to a classic carbine. 

64AB2265-1B1F-407D-B7B0-35E232904AFE.1610479465.jpeg
08D2404C-BF48-44DB-ABA4-8254BDFC93B6.1610479466.jpeg

I only wish crosman made a PRod in 177 and multi shot, when the custom shop comes back online I might get a MRod with LW barrel just so I can get the laminated stock like yours! This is a sickness! 😂