What have you done with your airgun today?

Installed a Zulu adjustable stock by Odin works on mt Dream Tac . Looks great works great and a lot lighter then the UTG stock I had on It before .
IMG_0450.1606673951.JPG

Took my friend Geo out on a hunt with The Iguana Man in South Florida. We were using a Daisy 880 rifle and Crossman 1377 pistol. The IM was using a Gamo .22. We bagged 9.

https://youtu.be/gqYSe8_yI68

Good luck to the little fella 16 with leukemia, soon to be 18 and healthy. Looks great now, all the best to his future and you all.

Meanwhile, great job on the iguanas! Such a different climate from mine, couldn't even imagine iguanas here! But better you than me!

Did some extreme bench rest shooting.......ok extreme green waste bin rest shooing with my PP750.

A39B6C55-8F4D-4C06-863E-407DE3891C30.1606871524.jpeg

sadly after that I packed her up for her new owner. I made the mistake of ordering 22 caliber version and it’s just a little too much for my suburban yard. Pretty sure she will get far more love and attention from her new owner.

Don't wanna just tune her down?

...I have not shot in two days so today I am going to waste pellets on paper in the house...

...I have discovered an unorthodox "carbine" hold for my AP16 Standard with a Donny FL Shogun mounted for maximin muffling...

...I shoot at 25 foot targets @ >20 feet and try for the x ring with a 12 o'clock hold...the gun is zeroed @ 25 yards...

...I set up a 5 gallon trash can full of rubber mulch and it is much more durable and satisfactory that the newspaper box...

...so far I like that much better than the .22 bullet trap...for one thing it can hold printer page...

...the thing is one thing I try to do with my pellet gun every day is to shot it...that is largely the point of it...

...the student says to the master, "what is the most important thing to do to improve ?", and the master usually says, "keep practicing"...

Did some extreme bench rest shooting.......ok extreme green waste bin rest shooing with my PP750.

sadly after that I packed her up for her new owner. I made the mistake of ordering 22 caliber version and it’s just a little too much for my suburban yard. Pretty sure she will get far more love and attention from her new owner.

I simply have too many guns, another thing is the bigger pellets make a ton more snap noise on paper target compared to a .177 pellet at half the weight.....same reason I down graded from 25 a long while back. And then I got too many guns that size and simply prefer the pp700 even though it’s a single shot. I know, first world problem. 😅

Got this reflex sight for my Vectis from Amazon after seeing multiple videos on YouTube.

IMG_20201206_114552.1607273408.jpg

Got it Friday,and would have installed it then but was going squirrel hunting Saturday,so I waited till today (Sunday morning) tried to set it as best I could with the built in rear sights

IMG_20201206_0717532.1607273569.jpg

Went to the range and commenced to sighting it in and wasn't hard at ALL,will say using allen key to make adjustments is different than turning a knob but it sighted up nicely.

IMG_20201206_102444.1607273711.jpg

Aside from a few flyers each shot was put right where I WANTED them and while the shots do look random trust me I was giggling like a schoolboy,the RSO asked what was so funny I told him it's like shootin fish in a barrel with this sight. WAS using a Hawke scope and it is EXCELLENT but this sight? Well..... SQUIRRELS BEWARE!!!

Forgot to add in was shooting@25 yds,sorry

I've been breaking in my new HW95 .177 using the open sights and it's been shooting real nice. I wanted to do some accuracy testing so I mounted a brand new Hammers 3-9x32AO scope on it. I'm pleased with both the new scope and rifle. Both preformed well. All shooting was done at 15 yards off the bench with the scope at 9x. Only a light breeze was blowing.

The group's I shot won't break any world records but I've not tried any premium grade pellets yet and the rifle is still new and not yet broken in.
1607286344254-1381067454.1607286386.jpg
1607286413121-671956390.1607286471.jpg

I simply have too many guns, another thing is the bigger pellets make a ton more snap noise on paper target compared to a .177 pellet at half the weight.....same reason I down graded from 25 a long while back. And then I got too many guns that size and simply prefer the pp700 even though it’s a single shot. I know, first world problem. 😅

Wish I didn't know what you're talking about. I got a beautiful power-tuned 25 that swept me off my feet oh me oh my I do believe I'm getting the vapors ... and even with a DonnyL Emperor essentially eliminating all other noise DAMN that impact is loud. Nothing I can do about that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE target shooting but still it was meant for squirrels, and ... holy cow, alert the media. What a THWAP! on a squirrel. You better have cool neighbors ... and isn't that a rarity these days? If you can find some, rent them out, you'd make a fortune.

Wish I didn't know what you're talking about. I got a beautiful power-tuned 25 that swept me off my feet oh me oh my I do believe I'm getting the vapors ... and even with a DonnyL Emperor essentially eliminating all other noise DAMN that impact is loud. Nothing I can do about that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE target shooting but still it was meant for squirrels, and ... holy cow, alert the media. What a THWAP! on a squirrel. You better have cool neighbors ... and isn't that a rarity these days? If you can find some, rent them out, you'd make a fortune.

LOL we are in the same boat!!! I have not shot my 25 impact in my yard in many many months now because I simply can't quiet down the impact noise even at 600FPS! And like you I LOVE target practice and the only cure was 177 at 650 FPS or lower!!! Even then there is still that distinctive TAP on the target paper, not bad during the day but very audible at night. Interesting thing is even with 177 at lowly 7FPE when I hit a house sparrow dead center the pop is so loud I always look around to see who might of heard it. Been working getting headshots on them and got one this morning in the head which is a MUCH quieter tick. Got a squirrel the other day with 177 at 700 FPS with a headshot and still a good thwap.....no where near as bad as 25 but still loud enough for me to look around and check. 

If you haven't done so get a low power 177 pronto! HIGHLY recommend crosman 1720T and/or 1701P, both can be converted to carbine and the 1720T at 650FPS is mouse fart quiet even with the smallest of moderators and deadly accurate! Plus 177 crosman pellets are 1-2 cents a pop so I can target practice all day!

Reactions: Dingfelder