What have I created??

New to this board. Retired in Sept. 21. Finally bought myself a retirement gift. After years of using an old Sears labeled .22 cal. pump type. Now I also have a Gauntlet 2 in .25 cal. 4-12 X scope and Harris bipod mounted to the M-LOK forearm. I used to shoot benchrest varmint matches but so many of the guys we shot with passed on that it just wasn't the same. This should be fun and I look forward to peppering you with newbie questions.

Well I think I'm done ordering stuff. The last two things came today. A plane case and an extendable shooting stick. At least it will be when I manufacture a rest to fit the stock right behind the bipod. That isn't much of a stretch. I'm good at that sort of stuff. 

What are y'alls preferred zero distance? That was never a problem in benchrest, it was all 100 yds. My .22 rimfire is zeroed at 50 yds. Where to start with a .25 air rifle?

Satchel,

Ha!…. You think you are done spending? I retired from work in 98, but after a lifetime of shooting and collecting it just keeps going and going and going. PCP rifles are all great compared to the air guns I used to shoot in the 50’s. Having gone full circle it now seems that high tech air guns are pretty cheap now with many choices.

Enjoy your Gauntlet and they shoot well, but just be prepared for what you will want next.

Long range is always the test, and even with 22rimfire it must perform at 100yds so after accuracy tuning up close move to 50yds hoping for longer ranges. Among other rifles I shoot my entry level Avenger 25cal is now tuned and altered for my 85yd range with moa accuracy about half the time. These things really work.

Don’t even think of getting started without a compressor. Your gonna love it!

Tom

That was sort of my thinking but have the added advantage of an old newspaper box 34 yds out my home office/guitar/Dobro/ air gun room. Standing with my sliding window open and the bipod resting on the marble windowsill is the perfect height for a standing shot at that poor old dead Newspaper box. Everything seems to be going in pretty much the same hole????? Huh?? whodda thunk it shooting chea@$$ Hatsan pellets?? More than happy. Even had a friend shoot it and his shot just made the hole a tiny bit bigger. He was impressed and that's not easy with him. He's been a shooter all his life, including Sherrif's Deputy in our county. I have high hopes.