• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What has been cleaning up all the dead rats I left behind?

@Leon. Yes it is. At least I don't need to worry about disposing the bodies.

@bcworkman. There are owls and hawks in the area as well but the trail cam confirmed this coyote was the cleanup crew. I have heard a few coyotes howling but was surprised only this same one that comes here alone.

@FLgunner. As long as it or they don't eat the farmer's poultry, they would be spared.

Thanks for watching. 

PD's have sometimes started eating a wounded PD even before it has died. If you kill a female PD with pups, the pups are eaten by the other PD's.

PD's are nasty little cannibals, and closely related to rats. Killing a few PD's just adds some protein to the other PD's diet.

According to guy, his barrel is 3.1 meters long and his air pressure is about 15 BAR.

If he shot those rats with something like my BSA Lonestar .25, he would not have so many rats running away. My Lonestar kills PD's much better than his .22 cal kills those rats. If shooting rats that big, moving up to .25 cal would be a good idea.

Letting the coyote go would raise a few eyebrows around here. Coyote hides are also worth money, while rat skins are not.

Yep there is always some kind of critter to do some pest clean-up. Lately at one of my permissions I have an red tail hawk and sparrow hawk swooping in to take the kills I make on pigeons and pest birds. A lot of times they will be swooping in before the bird even hits the ground. Today I shot a crow where I could not see where he hit the ground. I went to find him and he was not to be found. A little later I saw him about fifty yards away where the red tail hawk was tearing into him. It is sure cool seeing nature at work. Bill