• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

What Happens When You Only Require 10 Posts For Classified Access ?

This is what happens when you only require 10 posts for classified access with no other rules... Really enriches the forum right?

Spamer - Copy.jpg

The 10 posts rule is a good very good one. As we can see in this post, it demonstrates who we are dealing with. If a transaction were attempted by the new member, AND if we did our due diligence, as recommended by AGN, then we would have a bit of information on which to base our decision on whether or not to deal with the person. It's possible this person may just have time to peruse and is excited to chime in. Either way, we have something to go on.

Yeah i dont think its unfair. But i havent been verified yet apparently. I have been posting and really been wanting to PM folks but no response or resolution. 10+ meaningful posts is OK but kind of just building the fence higher if you know what i mean.

Maybe incorporate some kind of double verification? i am Camoflash on every forum ive ever joined with 15+years into other forums.

I think with the thumbs up/down icon I think to qualify for a legitimate 10 post that person has to have “likes”, and just one dislike would have to have him start over. This forum lately has been over run with 2-5 year old archived threads, with stupid end comments like “wow” and “cool”. Sure enough, within a couple of days, same wow and cool guy is trying to offload his AEA big bore that he realizes doesn’t work in the suburbia culdesac he lives in.

Yeah, any thumbs down would take away from that post so that person would have to start over again.

I agree with all that was said above, but this guy is not a spammer. He created an account and had to make 10 posts to be able to message another member to purchase an FX Impact they had for sale.

This will be his first Airgun and wanted a chance to get it before it sold and he enjoys the forum and plans to help enrich the forum in the future once he gets more knowledgeable in the sport.

Last edited:
Man get off your high horse! As stated above I was simply trying to make a purchase which I did with PayPal friends and family because I know how forums and feedback work. At least my posts where somewhat relevant to the topic aside from the semi troll about rats being good eating. Way to push some people away. SORRY MY COMMENTS HURT YOUR FEELINGS. Sorry I’m a new enthusiast trying to purchase something quickly before it disappeared. Imo remove the 10 post rule before you can pm. Since when is it a big deal to try and purchase something by obeying rules and posting a comment to do so!? Sorry I didn’t respond on this one with cool good eating. Hopefully you can forgive my 10 posts and not judge lol

I dont have many posts on here, but I lurk alot, and I've bought multiple times now from members and have sold a couple too. We all gotta start somewhere.

This forum has alot of high and mighty azz hats on it and that's why I don't really share my opinions or knowledge on here. It's funny how this forum seems to have more of the higher end gun owners and not the tinker/builder types. Seems to me the less fortunate types who buy budget guns and try to make them theirs, are the more humble and less loudmouthed. Those are the ones who actually try to help people and that's what these forums were meant for. Too many "my dik is bigger than yours" types on here and I'm learning fast who those are and I avoid even reading their posts, comments, etc.

This forum has something none of the others do and that's why it gets the traffic it does: THE CLASSIFIEDS!

You all have a good evening now.

Man get off your high horse! As stated above I was simply trying to make a purchase which I did with PayPal friends and family because I know how forums and feedback work. At least my posts where somewhat relevant to the topic aside from the semi troll about rats being good eating. Way to push some people away. SORRY MY COMMENTS HURT YOUR FEELINGS. Sorry I’m a new enthusiast trying to purchase something quickly before it disappeared. Imo remove the 10 post rule before you can pm. Since when is it a big deal to try and purchase something by obeying rules and posting a comment to do so!? Sorry I didn’t respond on this one with cool good eating. Hopefully you can forgive my 10 posts and not judge lol
Hey man whatever worked for you. I’m at around 30 and still can’t send a PM for this FX I want

I don’t even take the post as really being negative towards me. I get it but like stated above in bootscreeps post we gotta start somewhere. I legit read each first topic or watched a video and followed said rules so I could pm somebody about a gun I wanted to buy. Don’t be quick to push away the new people. Hope to learn much here and intend to do so as well good night guys!

Lol I think you gotta click onto their name in the post and click start conversation or click the small link in the top of the classifieds that says read these rules. Then I think it unlocked for me
I just tried that. Nothing - also put up a multiple posts for admin. So i guess the system is working keeping the good guys out

I dont have many posts on here, but I lurk alot, and I've bought multiple times now from members and have sold a couple too. We all gotta start somewhere.

This forum has alot of high and mighty azz hats on it and that's why I don't really share my opinions or knowledge on here. It's funny how this forum seems to have more of the higher end gun owners and not the tinker/builder types. Seems to me the less fortunate types who buy budget guns and try to make them theirs, are the more humble and less loudmouthed. Those are the ones who actually try to help people and that's what these forums were meant for. Too many "my dik is bigger than yours" types on here and I'm learning fast who those are and I avoid even reading their posts, comments, etc.

This forum has something none of the others do and that's why it gets the traffic it does: THE CLASSIFIEDS!

You all have a good evening now.
I’ve been a member here since 2017, and I have yet to find the type of arrogant folks you describe. There are the annoying ones for sure, and in time they weed themselves out cause no one wants to respond or give them the time of day. Most here are helpful, and especially so if you come across like you have your hat in your hand. Chest puffing, finger pointing keyboard tough guys don’t get a lot of help.

This is a great community, overall, and I’m proud to be a part of it and have met a lot of “invisible friends” over the years. What I see about the “vets” of this forum is we all tend to “protect it”, especially from the riff Raff scammers.

If you ever want to see a time when all unite, it’s when a poor unsuspecting soul gets scammed and posts up on it. We all truly feel bad, and all that does is make us more of a mother hen for the next time.

Stick around for a few months/years. You’ll end up the same, and it’s not anything bad, we just tend to watch out for each other.

As far as helping newbies out with their first time airgun problems? There’s a lot more help going around than one suspects, especially if the poor guy seeking help only gets a couple of responses. Like myself, and ive done it a whole lot, there’s folks that would rather assist thru a pm than just blurt out help tips on an open forum.

Lastly, the whole budget Gun thing- I think it’s fair to say that at least 60-70% of us started that way. Let’s use the Benjamin marauder as an example. A guy gets on here talking about his first pcp, the marauder, and in his excitement he asks what all can be done to it.
Then eventually someone will pipe in and say to leave it the way it is and don’t try to make it into something it wasn’t meant to be, like an FX wildcat. Sounds rude? Arrogant? He’s actually speaking from experience. I know first hand cause I dumped a lot of $$$ into mine and it doesn’t even come close to what my wildcat can do. So he’s truly helping the guy out, by telling or suggesting to him to save up for a better pcp that will do what he seeks in accuracy, power, etc.

Like I said, tons of great guys on here, and some truly sharp cats, too. I’m honored to have gotten to know some of them even outside of airgun discussions