What happens if you put a non-airgun scope on a springer ?

Springers have a unique 2 way recoil impulse. You would be amazed at how this type of recoil can destroy even a stout scope that can handle massive rearward recoil. However some non Springer scopes, the Lupold line springs to mind, ( no pun intended ) will handle the recoil just fine. It's best to check with the manufacturer before mounting on a spring gun. Also the recoil pulse differs greatly from gun to gun depending on power and design. For instance many scopes that will shake apart on a Diana 54 will last for years on a R 7.

Springers, especially the magnum class, kill scopes. They do not distinguish between high and low quality ones. Unless you don't mind destroying your scope I would not take the risk. I killed a brand new 200 USD Hawke Vantage in my first shooting session, one hair of the reticle simply snapped. Could not believe my eyes.

Interestingly, relatively cheap scopes such as UTG leapers and the basic 40usd rangefinder scopes you find under different brands on Amazon and Aliexpress (see below) hold up fairly well.

-203451041432274729.1604966572.jpg

A good scope protection device, furthermore, is the sliding bullseye mount which dampens the dual recoil with springs.

🐦

somebody just said nothing, The fact is the recoil is in the opposite direction for a fire arm,and the spring wack is much harder so it destoys the scope.our zero will constantly change between shots,Ahd thats a fact,

Agreed. And at least with my springer rated scopes, I've been covered (although I guess they can never actually tell what gun it was mounted on).

I have had FAR better luck with springer rated scopes. One that I killed Vortex told me I had crushed the tube when mounting it. It still made it probably over 6,000 rounds before the asp20 killed it...

I keep meaning to get one of these. Guess I fear I'll get a lemon and it'll frustrate the heck out of me.

Got 4 of them on my IGT springers. No lemons but apply the blue threadlocker. The pins sometimes have a little give, however without impacting accuracy. Grease them with heavy industrial lubricant. Place a few o-rings to act as buffers to dampen the stopping sounds. Most important of all, mount them in the right direction. Dual recoil is a strangely unforgiving thing. 🐦
IMG_20190127_161117.1605028073.jpg

If you spent a lot of money on the scope, and it breaks, you move on to PCP. At least that appears to be the trend that I have seen in the past couple of years. It gets tiresome to always have to deal with the reverse recoil issue after a couple of decades, at least it did for me. But, there are ways to deal with it, as already mentioned. Buy full warranty scopes and hope for the best at the very least.

Got 4 of them on my IGT springers. No lemons but apply the blue threadlocker. The pins sometimes have a little give, however without impacting accuracy. Grease them with heavy industrial lubricant. Place a few o-rings to act as buffers to dampen the stopping sounds. Most important of all, mount them in the right direction. Dual recoil is a strangely unforgiving thing. 
1f426.svg
IMG_20190127_161117.1605028073.jpg

Are those the generic Chinese copies of the real Chinese made ones?