What happened to our past members ( I worry about them)

I think about some of the past acquaintances we had on the forum and wonder where they are now and hoping for the best.

I'm failing to remember there names but one was from down under (Australia) and I know he was in his 80's a couple of years ago. His name is on the tip of my tongue but for the life of me I can't recall his name. He was brilliant in his knowledge of airguns and physics in general.

I also think about "DOC". He wasn't really into PCP's but had a nice collection of break barrels, not a lot but he was really proud of what he had. A couple of years ago was the last time we visited.

Also wondering about "Dirte" he pops up every now and then out of the blue and I'm always glad to see him online.

Afraid one of these days I'll be one one of them you wonder about (haha at least I hope so)

Jimmy

Yes, I too think about these folk here and there. I asked @dirte once and he said he was knee deep working on workshop. I have e-mailed with Hynzie & he is dealing with personal stuffs, but says he’s ok. I recall others too, but don’t remember names as well. 

*Perhaps I should give my brother my PW. He is much younger than me & knows how much time I spend here & how much I have come to enjoy the sport/hobby. 

I went back through my PM's and found a lot of names I've forgot about, sorry all, foremost Yrrah, the gentleman from "Down Under", hope your ok Harry. I also found several others that I had the privilege to get know even if just through PM's. There was Menttalist, Percula, LDP, Birdslayer, Kitplanenut, Imold, Travels4fun, Azccj, Weatherby, and especially Airborne (known for his service to out country). I got to know several of these fine folks personally if only through PM's and a couple through text or phone calls. Hope your all ok if your checking in from time to time.

Your friend

Jimmy

I went back through my PM's and found a lot of names I've forgot about, sorry all, foremost Yrrah, the gentleman from "Down Under", hope your ok Harry. I also found several others that I had the privilege to get know even if just through PM's. There was Menttalist, Percula, LDP, Birdslayer, Kitplanenut, Imold, Travels4fun, Azccj, Weatherby, and especially Airborne (known for his service to out country). I got to know several of these fine folks personally if only through PM's and a couple through text or phone calls. Hope your all ok if your checking in from time to time.

Your friend

Jimmy

Jimmy my friend,

Gijs reporting, alive and kicking😃

I have been away for quite a while due to a total extreme long range addiction with my powderburners which takes up quite a lot of time in load development and practice. (Trying to hit the mile with the 6.5x47 Lapua in Denmark, my furthest hits have been at 1420m/1577 yards)

The good news is that I have found new interest airguns, and am trying to push my Impact X to the limit after adding the power plenum and a side shot magazine kit.

I'm currently busy with making some outer barrels/extensions for my STX liners, will keep you posted!

Feels good not to be forgotten over here😊

All the best, Gijs

Hey, great to hear from ya Gijs, sounds like your having a blast with the Lapua. I knew you lurked off and on the forum. Sure glad you haven't hung up the FX's too. I just had to replace a barrel tube which coincided with adding a 700mm 22 slug liner to my collection. Always enjoy tinkering with the Impact. So much to try so little time it seems like.

Jimmy

Hey, great to hear from ya Gijs, sounds like your having a blast with the Lapua. I knew you lurked off and on the forum. Sure glad you haven't hung up the FX's too. I just had to replace a barrel tube which coincided with adding a 700mm 22 slug liner to my collection. Always enjoy tinkering with the Impact. So much to try so little time it seems like.

Jimmy

Yup, family life and work takes up time as well, unfortunately a day only counts 24 hours.

But there is hope, I really got hooked on the new Impact goodies, and trying to get the most out of it. 

The FX impact addiction is hard to part with, it is the tinkerers wet dream.

A good LR airgunner will likely be a good ELR shooter too, and it is a cheap alternative to practice compared with the powder burner world.

Cheers, Gijs

I couldn't remember his AKA until a day or so ago but what ever happened to UnionDr, at least I believe that's what he went by. Seemed like a really great guy but I think his health was an issue also. I don't think he owned any PCP, mostly break-overs and was very proud of his collection. I know he was also wanting another gun rack to match the ones he already had so I had one shipped to him as a BD gift. Nothing expensive but I knew it would make his day.

Jking

I miss all of those guys as well, Jimmy. Another one who's MIA is Pat from Boston, the guy who started the RAW owners thread. People get busy, and life takes different directions. Hope they return... 

I remember the starting of the RAW thread very well but I'm drawing a blank on what user name Pat went under. Seems it's pretty much ran it course though. It was very active for a long time. Your exactly right and I can relate that folks interest change. Wasn't but a few short years ago that I was nothing except bow shooting and hunting since I was a teenager. A life event later and here I am shooting BB guns for enjoyment, haha. The bows are at the ready though. Heck who knows, it could be any of us that drops off the radar next, hopefully not for a long time though.

Jimmy

I miss all of those guys as well, Jimmy. Another one who's MIA is Pat from Boston, the guy who started the RAW owners thread. People get busy, and life takes different directions. Hope they return... 

I remember the starting of the RAW thread very well but I'm drawing a blank on what user name Pat went under. Seems it's pretty much ran it course though. It was very active for a long time. Your exactly right and I can relate that folks interest change. Wasn't but a few short years ago that I was nothing except bow shooting and hunting since I was a teenager. A life event later and here I am shooting BB guns for enjoyment, haha. The bows are at the ready though. Heck who knows, it could be any of us that drops off the radar next, hopefully not for a long time though.

Jimmy

I’m curious as to how we would find out if a fellow member passed away. Unfortunately that can be the case if we don’t hear much from a certain person that may have been a regular. Like in my situation, I know no other airgunners on this forum that are local to me, so if I got the call to go home to the man upstairs, no one on the forums would know. Im sure there are many like in my situation. 

Maybe I ought to leave instructions for my wife or son to post a thread and let all know, I don’t consider myself any kind of celebrity like a Joe Rhea or Centercut, but I’ve made a lot of friends on this site, and I know they’d be wondering why old Jack Nicholson wasn’t all of a sudden posting up anymore.

Im surprised we here on AGN don’t have a “Dearly Departed” section, or a “In Remembrance”.

I was researching information on Alkin compressors awhile back, and came across a scuba divers forum. The tread starter inquired about an Alkin compressor, got all the typical recommendations, then looking at the time line a month later someone asked the original poster if he had bought the Alkin that everyone recommended, and wanted his review. Then another month goes by and someone piped in and said that the OP was in a diving accident and passed away, with a link to the news report. Definitely was an unfortunate way to let all on the forums know, but it happens.

Hey Doc, you know I had completely forgot about Alan and here he was a neighbor so to speak. I remember his avatar being a alien creature (fitting for Roswell) I guess. Be cool if some of these guys that might be checking in from time to time would say howdy. I need to call a guy in Tennessee tomorrow and see if he's doing ok. This was the guy that had the tumble down his basement steps and almost died. He's one of those guys that Augie was referring to that really no one would know to contact anyone else just in case something was to happen. I have a couple of what I'd call friends that i need to share some numbers with just in case I dropped off the radar........hopefully my wife hadn't beat me to death for buying more pellets haha.

jimmy.

I’m curious as to how we would find out if a fellow member passed away. Unfortunately that can be the case if we don’t hear much from a certain person that may have been a regular. Like in my situation, I know no other airgunners on this forum that are local to me, so if I got the call to go home to the man upstairs, no one on the forums would know. Im sure there are many like in my situation. 

Maybe I ought to leave instructions for my wife or son to post a thread and let all know, I don’t consider myself any kind of celebrity like a Joe Rhea or Centercut, but I’ve made a lot of friends on this site, and I know they’d be wondering why old Jack Nicholson wasn’t all of a sudden posting up anymore.

Im surprised we here on AGN don’t have a “Dearly Departed” section, or a “In Remembrance”.

I was researching information on Alkin compressors awhile back, and came across a scuba divers forum. The tread starter inquired about an Alkin compressor, got all the typical recommendations, then looking at the time line a month later someone asked the original poster if he had bought the Alkin that everyone recommended, and wanted his review. Then another month goes by and someone piped in and said that the OP was in a diving accident and passed away, with a link to the news report. Definitely was an unfortunate way to let all on the forums know, but it happens.

"Maybe I ought to leave instructions for my wife or son to post a thread and let all know, I don’t consider myself any kind of celebrity like a Joe Rhea or Centercut, but I’ve made a lot of friends on this site, and I know they’d be wondering why old Jack Nicholson wasn’t all of a sudden posting up anymore."

Or, maybe leave your spouses number with some of your "good" acquaintances from the forum, well not that good, haha and if you don't here from them for a few months have the wife call your friends. That would be fine with me anyway.

Enough of the doom and gloom, lets move on to happier things.

jk

Hey Jimmy im still alive. I dont spend much time on airgun forums these days. I am doing good and the family is doing good. I have been shooting my firearms allot lately and a few life/family changes that also keep me from being active on forums. I have two grandsons now so they get my attention as much as I can see them. They will be joining the shooting ranks in time and I will be posting pics for sure. I still shoot airguns on a regular basis and in fact I had 4 hosp kills yesterday at work. I need to drop in more often so I can keep up to date on everything. I hope all is well with everyone else.