What Happened to Douger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do a search on his name, there will be an indication in the direction he went.
@Str8tshooter I did a quick search and skimmed a thread where someone mentioned that Josh something or other was a thief and another member had to remind someone the thread was about the Josh character and not Douger. Douger’s name came up and was derailing the thread. I didn’t read much more into it beyond that. I just recall he posted pretty regularly and hadn’t seen him on in a while. I’m decent at searching for info about air guns on AGN, not for threads about members.

Last edited:
Douger was out of state visiting his father who I believe was in hospice. I last heard from him maybe a couple months ago. I've since read here that he has had a heart attack. I've given him some time and will contact him in the next day or so to see what is going on. I did see of where he owed at least one person money.

@Rob_in_NC I recall something said about his health, but a heart attack is serious. I hope he hasn’t burned bridges that can’t be mended.
I've not verified it and I hope I didnt imagine I read it.... actually, I DO... but I seem to recall that someone had called and found out. I have texted him, but havent heard back. Was close to 2100 so he may have turned in early.

Douger was out of state visiting his father who I believe was in hospice. I last heard from him maybe a couple months ago. I've since read here that he has had a heart attack. I've given him some time and will contact him in the next day or so to see what is going on. I did see of where he owed at least one person money.
it's good to see others checking on friends here, like a extended family.. there's those of us who have health issues and well it's always good to know that people care..
I've lost quite a few friends over the years.. people have a way of passing on over the years..
anyway I just wanted to thank you for the encouragement of hearing that people are checking on people who they have not heard from in awhile.. some families don't even bother..
Mark

@Str8tshooter I did a quick search and skimmed a thread where someone mentioned that Josh something or other was a thief and another member had to remind someone the thread was about the Josh character and not Douger. Douger’s name came up and was derailing the thread. I didn’t read much more into it beyond that. I just recall he posted pretty regularly and hadn’t seen him on in a while. I’m decent at searching for info about air guns on AGN, not for threads about members.
I know that you are well versed in the functionality at this site , I hope my response did not come across as a smart butt, I don’t have first hand knowledge on this situation and felt that there was a good chance that someone that does would chime in. I hope Douger is health improves and he will be able to do right asap.

Sad to hear about Douger, and hopefully it will get sorted out soon.
Scotty1 doesn’t deserve to be burned.
Some time ago I posted about a neighborhood kid who I had given a P17 pistol to and taught to shoot.
And douger out of the blue contacted me and mailed me a nice semi automatic pellet pistol to give the kid.
He has a good heart I think, some sh-t must have hit the fan in some way.
Hopefully it will all come out right.

This really is an awesome forum, it is so nice to see people checking in on missing friends. Like a big family in a way.

Most of us appear to fall within the middle-age to retiree demographics. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ve been watching people die for a long time. One of my parents had older friends, I started seeing my peers die half way through high school, and my family is large enough to where it seems that someone is dying or being born annually. Now it’s to the point where my peers and I reflect and reminisce frequent enough that the culmination of those who are not with us I makes me appreciate life in a different respect.

I do not know Douger and have never spoken with him, but I grew accustomed to his presence and seeing him post on the forums. It’s like being at work and seeing your co-workers 5 days a week. When they aren’t there, you notice. It doesn’t matter if they are top employees or slackers. You notice them and grow accustomed to their presence. Douger isn’t the only member I’ve wondered about or inquired about. And yes, AGN is like a large family. That’s the good thing about communities, relationships are forged and bonds and networks are built. I’ve had a time or two where my activity slowed and a member or two reached out to me. Around the time I joined, I recall a member had surgery and another raised funds to have an airgun sent to him. I forget the details, but I recall contacting a reputable member to ask if the whole thing was legit. He said it was. It was later verified. The way that situation played out was a large contributing factor to me sticking around on the forums.

I have acquaintances and folks I’d like to think of as friends here who have health issues and some of us keep in touch. I have a buddy that I met here who doesn’t even seem to post any longer, but we’ve remained in communication for over a year. There is another who has endured hardship that I think about and contact on occasion. If you have friends or acquaintances on here and you notice a change in their activity or behavior, reach out sometimes. There are also people here that I simply do not get along with, one of which I still think about from time to time. It doesn’t mean I don’t like him, I just choose to not deal with him. You never know what someone is going through. It’s also difficult to fathom the significance of your concern for someone. At times we may not know exactly how critical our concern means to a person or their family. I’m not making excuses for people who have ill will or nefarious intent. To a certain extent, we have to deal with them on a personal level, especially when it comes to scammers and manipulators on the forums. And if it comes to the point where their situation or intentions lead to unscrupulous actions and it is proven, we have ways of dealing with them here as a community. But at this point I’m just talking about life.

Status
Not open for further replies.