What happened to Dana's profile? Crosman22

People are imperfect so we all have to give each other slack.
People get offended but at some point need to forgive the offense which is best for them and others.
People might be affiliated with brands and this often invites contention within the community.
We don't have to like everyone but we are expected to respectfully disagree and go on while hopefully avoiding a war.

Sometimes a person just has to step away for a while and remove themselves from a situation/s. That doesn't mean they'll expose themselves to it again and that's okay too.

I've seen many contentious situations arise in the airgun community. If a resolution to a situation can't be resolved then one doesn't have to participate in what bothers them.
Kind of like my ex wife, LOL. We didn't get along and won't in this lifetime. I forgive her but I'm not hanging out with her if at all possible.

It is what it is. I try not to pick sides and we can't see what's going on from the outside(not that I know what the problem/s are) - but two sides to every story.

I think most of us appreciate Dana and his contributions to the airgun communities. I know I do.
I hope him the best!

Blah, blah, blah. Which one of you posters on this thread have your own YouTube channel. Anyone?
I do. Although I haven't uploaded anything in a while, what does that have to do with anything though? Who on this thread enjoys a nice couscous on a Saturday afternoon? Anyone?

Not specific to Dana, but there is an INSANE amount of really nasty behind-the-scenes politics in the airgunning industry. It's enough to make anybody with a shred of integrity sick to their stomach.

If you haven't seen or dealt with any of it (outside of minor squabbles about brand loyalty) be glad. Be VERY glad.

It was a lot easier to enjoy the hobby before I knew about the muck and the mire.
Amen

Blah, blah, blah. Which one of you posters on this thread have your own YouTube channel. Anyone? Let me know so I can go check it out and then crack on you for voicing your own opinion after spending time setting up a studio, soliciting vendors, going out in the field and then editing content. Gimme a break, haters.
The irony is palpable…

Reactions: Gerry52
Don’t take anything seriously in this hobby and everyone will be just fine. If you get fired up, defend with all your being, or get offended about your toys, you really need to recalibrate your compass. I don’t get worked up when a black cloud shows up in a topic and rains on it. I find it humorous, then just keep reading and or responding. Nothing related to airguns is really a big deal if you think about it. All the personalities on the forum is what makes it interesting. Do we really want everyone agreeing and stroking each other all the time? I sure don’t. The forum would be very mundane.

It's a double edged sword....
Had it not been for the internet, I'd have never known about these modern, PCP airguns. The first one I ever saw in real life was the one they delivered to my door.... and my life has been more fun ever since. So, a big 'thank you' to the YouTube content creators who showed me these things. Also, a big 'thanks' to the YouTubers who gave advice on tuning, ammo selection, diy traps, etc etc etc...

To me, that where my appreciation for the whole YouTube thing hits it's peak. After that, it's just a huge platform for people to voice their ridiculous reasons to hate each other. Seems the more followers someone gets, or the more sponsors and free stuff, the more folks hate on em. I've never been a fan of the fact that forums, youtube comment sections, Fakebook... and others like it, give people an opportunity to say crap that they'd lack the testicular fortitude to say to to someones face. Once upon a time, you had to be prepared to back up your mouth. I miss those days.

Politics and drama go hand in hand these days. They love it. People will go out of their way to make sure everything is dramatic and uncomfortable.

Reactions: qball and Treefrog
I never saw any "backlash" but I would not be surprised it was there in spades. Ultimately, the forums can be quite toxic if you let it get to you.

Unfornately, Youtube and other video platforms can also be toxic in the comments section or when someone wants to post a rebuttal video.

It was his decision to move on. I respect that. There are mostly good people here but too many a$$nex that want to tell you how to do everything in life.

People like @Chukar60 are the reason people leave, all those FX fanboys trash every topic there is.

Someone posts a topic about their BT65 OR AT44

Yeah, but my FX Impact M3 topped with a $5K Scope and $2K bi-pod is better, and shoots tighter groups.

Someone posts a topic about their Avenger

Yeah, but my FX Crown MK2 with a $2K scope on it shoots better, look at my rifle, look how cool i am owning an FX product, look at me now !!

Guess what, we don't really care about how tight your groups are, My secondhand Kral breaker bullpup shoots 1 inch at 50 yards, and i can pop coke cans at 100 yards with it, and im happy with it.

Spend 7k to shoot a bit tighter groups? good for you, nice money waste lmao.

we dont care.

Last edited:
People like @Chukar60 are the reason people leave, all those FX fanboys trash every topic there is.

Yeah, but my FX Impact M3 topped with a $5K Scope and $2K bi-pod is better, and shoots tighter groups.

Yeah, but my FX Crown MK3 with a $2K scope on it shoots better, look at my rifle, look how cool i am owning an FX product, look at me now !!

Guess what, we don't really care about how tight your groups are, My secondhand Kral breaker bullpup shoots 1 inch at 50 yards, and i can pop coke cans at 100 yards with it, and im happy with it.

we dont care.
The forum is to share experience and opinions.

We all can learn of that.

Along life we have more or less budget for our hobbies.

When we have the money for buying an air rifle, no matter which one, we want to know other members point of view.

Some feel succesfull getting to tune an FX after buying all the accessories in market. Fine for them.

Others are happy because out of the box the rifle they bought is perfectly functional . Fine for them.

Others are happy because they bought a super beautiful Daystate and as a plus, it is super accurate. Fine for them.

Others are happy because they use the hobbie as a reason to have happy moments in family or with friends. Excellent.

It is always better to have as rule of life empathy and tolerance, than having the focus of arrogance or envying.

Yeah, but my FX Crown MK2 with a $2K scope on it shoots better, look at my rifle, look how cool i am owning an FX product, look at me now !!

we dont care.
I don't know... to me, deleting your accounts and running away are perfectly acceptable and understandable occurrences. Some people don't like drama. But, if you let complete strangers opinions on an internet forum get to you to the point you have to go into hiding, the problem might not be the other guy who voiced his opinion.

we dont care.
And again, the irony is palpable!

Reactions: ChRiSiS

we dont care.
Any examples of this? I'd like to see some.