What happened to Dana's profile? Crosman22

AHHHH the anonymity of the internet.
It never ceases to amaze me how some people just feel that they can crap all over everything and everyone simply because they sit down behind a keyboard. I disagree with a lot of people a lot of the time, but I really try to keep that disagreement in perspective and not dump a ton of crap on someone’s head just because we disagree about an airgun, or an issue.

The habit that some people have of adding personal insults (“you must be stupid” or “you clearly don’t understand how anything works” or “you are a Libtard” or any such nonsense) just makes matters worse.

I simply stay away from such people. If you have to resort to this kind of nonsense it sends a message, to me at least, that you have difficulty with reasoned arguments.

Today's lack of civility & lack of acceptance of another's opinions is really disturbing & heartbreaking to me. Our world has become virtually unrecognizable in how our fellow human beings treat each other. Some people seem to wear their hurtful attitude like a badge of pride & arrogance. It really IS OK to treat someone kindly whether you agree with everything they say or believe or not. Just like my parents taught me I taught my sons; DON'T BE ONE OF THE A-HOLES out there! WHY have we become so spiteful & MEAN? IMHO social media has played a huge part in the changes I've witnessed.

Today's lack of civility & lack of acceptance of another's opinions is really disturbing & heartbreaking to me. Our world has become virtually unrecognizable in how our fellow human beings treat each other. Some people seem to wear their hurtful attitude like a badge of pride & arrogance. It really IS OK to treat someone kindly whether you agree with everything they say or believe or not. Just like my parents taught me I taught my sons; DON'T BE ONE OF THE A-HOLES out there! WHY have we become so spiteful & MEAN? IMHO social media has played a huge part in the changes I've witnessed.

Good points, and it could be that the lack of civility & acceptance of opinions was always there - it’s just that social media makes it visible to the entire community (team).

For example, there were always those folks (good leaders) who try to elevate the performance/knowledge of their entire community/team (AGN for an example of a community)…. and there were always those folks who put their individual objectives ahead of those of the community/team...

…But on a social forum like this, when someone disrespects another, it’s visible to the entire community at once… and demotivates everyone from sharing information…

In time you will learn, there are those that know and others that don't, opinions are not facts.
I have found the more knowledgeable say more in fewer words.
Who said," that if you can't explain something simply,you do not know the subject well enough"?
Tying it together, stay on the subject matter.
Justification shows its head in too many rebuttals. :oops:
":ROFLMAO:
o_O

When I read someone's write up on a topic I know something about, from personal experience, that doesn't agree with I have experienced, I may make a comment. Usually I don't because I don't want to have someone telling me I don't know what I am talking about. It happens all the time on this forum.

Good points, and it could be that the lack of civility & acceptance of opinions was always there - it’s just that social media makes it visible to the entire community (team).

For example, there were always those folks (good leaders) who try to elevate the performance/knowledge of their entire community/team (AGN for an example of a community)…. and there were always those folks who put their individual objectives ahead of those of the community/team...

…But on a social forum like this, when someone disrespects another, it’s visible to the entire community at once… and demotivates everyone from sharing information…
Yes, there ALWAYS have been those type of people but what made us CIVIL was that society didn't, as a rule, CONDONE or reward that behavior, THAT kept us CIVIL. Those types were always there & we all knew it but the "rules" of a civilized society kept it in the background. Now, the more spiteful & obnoxious a person is, the more attention they garner. CELEBRITY & GREED are the new God, the cost of which is our civility to each other. I truly fear for my grandchildren & the world they will inherit. I'm not sad at all that my time here is getting shorter. I don’t hold out much hope for the future of our species. What a sad thing.

When I read someone's write up on a topic I know something about, from personal experience, that doesn't agree with I have experienced, I may make a comment. Usually I don't because I don't want to have someone telling me I don't know what I am talking about. It happens all the time on this forum.
Scott, you don't know what you're talking about! 🤪 :ROFLMAO: ;) Hope all's well pal.

There are 2 sides to a coin, plenty of chest puffing and baseless trash talking by him. He get free guns and possibly paid by AOA so plenty of “motivation” to talk sh!t about a brand AOA dislikes, I don’t see others here baselessly trash talk the brands he likes. Many here tried to be nice and reason with him with facts and personal experience but he kept trash talking. Like the good old saying, if you dish out trash talk then you better be ready to be called out. For a while he would jump on every FX thread to piss on FX so some folks got fed up, he decided he couldn’t take the heat so he got out of kitchen. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Indeed two side. People either have short memories or do not pay attention to what is happening around them or, just refuse to connect dots.
Shortly before Dana left the forum the FX bash fest had reached a toxic level on this forum. Dana rarely passed an opportunity to throw gas on the fire or start the fire (FUX video). Feelings were getting pretty raw and civil conversation about FX was impossible. In fact there was no way to ask a question about an FX subject without a reliable list of folks bashing, causing thread drift etc. In short the forum was being damaged.
Conversation about FX was being smothered, frustrated, discouraged. Pick your verb, they all apply. Like or dislike FX, they are a major part of the market and therefore a relevant topic for many members.

If you will recall, in a very short time frame, AOA disappeared from the sponsor roll on the home page, very shortly thereafter, Dana took his leave and then the FX bash fest died. Those three events were not a casual coincidence.

I do not miss Dana.

Indeed two side. People either have short memories or do not pay attention to what is happening around them or, just refuse to connect dots.
Shortly before Dana left the forum the FX bash fest had reached a toxic level on this forum. Dana rarely passed an opportunity to throw gas on the fire or start the fire (FUX video). Feelings were getting pretty raw and civil conversation about FX was impossible. In fact there was no way to ask a question about an FX subject without a reliable list of folks bashing, causing thread drift etc. In short the forum was being damaged.
Conversation about FX was being smothered, frustrated, discouraged. Pick your verb, they all apply. Like or dislike FX, they are a major part of the market and therefore a relevant topic for many members.

If you will recall, in a very short time frame, AOA disappeared from the sponsor roll on the home page, very shortly thereafter, Dana took his leave and then the FX bash fest died. Those three events were not a casual coincidence.

I do not miss Dana.
Good post, but I have to say, sadly the bash fest continues with still some, every chance they get. It’s to the point their comments aren’t even relevant to the topic or the OP for that matter, and no one ever comments back to those bashers, but instead ignores them. They must see that, but they keep on going by finding another FX thread, like looking for fresh meat.

As far as Dana goes, yeah, I enjoyed some of his vids. I’ve PM’d him a couple of times and he always responded. Nice enough guy. Always wondered what he did for a living to have that many guns and time off to go out to the wilderness as much as he did, lol

I like hearing from absolutely everybody and figure out why they are saying, what they are saying, for myself. Everyone forms their own opinion through their own experiences, not the group collective. There's camradery here, and then there's yes men, and yes there are also those that just want to see the world burn, but if you don't hear them all you are just limiting yourself. If someone is not around to point out problems, those problems chances of being addressed go down significantly. Innovation isn't driven by the timid or the silent, if you have enough experience to have any sort of opinion, let's hear it, and we can decide with our own experience whether you are full of $hit or not. I don't believe that the ignore feature on this website is a good idea either, (everyone choosing to live with their head in the sand) but some do. I will miss Dana's perspective here.

Last edited: