What happened to Dana's profile? Crosman22

As I recall - he stated in a post here a while back that he was spending less time on AGN due to the backlash (trying to be polite with how abrasive I find many posters to be since post COVID polarization here in the US) he was receiving while just trying to share and enjoy the site and the hobby. I guess he hit a tipping point. Can't say I blame him. I don't care much how most good threads derail after the first page in a rhetoric battle of chest puffing bs. No offense guys, but I think @qball and @BackStop have already proved my point here.

As I recall - he stated in a post here a while back that he was spending less time on AGN due to the backlash (trying to be polite with how abrasive I find many posters to be since post COVID polarization here in the US) he was receiving while just trying to share and enjoy the site and the hobby. I guess he hit a tipping point. Can't say I blame him. I don't care much how most good threads derail after the first page in a rhetoric battle of chest puffing bs. No offense guys, but I think @qball and @BackStop have already proved my point here.

There are 2 sides to a coin, plenty of chest puffing and baseless trash talking by him. He get free guns and possibly paid by AOA so plenty of “motivation” to talk sh!t about a brand AOA dislikes, I don’t see others here baselessly trash talk the brands he likes. Many here tried to be nice and reason with him with facts and personal experience but he kept trash talking. Like the good old saying, if you dish out trash talk then you better be ready to be called out. For a while he would jump on every FX thread to piss on FX so some folks got fed up, he decided he couldn’t take the heat so he got out of kitchen. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Not specific to Dana, but there is an INSANE amount of really nasty behind-the-scenes politics in the airgunning industry. It's enough to make anybody with a shred of integrity sick to their stomach.

If you haven't seen or dealt with any of it (outside of minor squabbles about brand loyalty) be glad. Be VERY glad.

It was a lot easier to enjoy the hobby before I knew about the muck and the mire.

Not specific to Dana, but there is an INSANE amount of really nasty behind-the-scenes politics in the airgunning industry. It's enough to make anybody with a shred of integrity sick to their stomach.

If you haven't seen or dealt with any of it (outside of minor squabbles about brand loyalty) be glad. Be VERY glad.

It was a lot easier to enjoy the hobby before I knew about the muck and the mire.

Money ruins everything! When there is a buck to be made some people show their true color. If you take money or free stuff from gun manufactures or dealers you become their little b!tch and have to do what they tell you. Here is a question for those aspire to be an “influencer”, while the idea of doing what you love for work sounds great but when it actually does become work then would you still loved it when you got bills to pay till you retire? Would you sell out your integrity to pay your bills? If not then being an influencer is probably not really financially viable…..especially in the niche little airgun industry.

Thankfully I worked hard(10pm here and still prepping for a project) to pay for all my guns and have no desire/need to make videos and social media posts, airguns to me is just a hobby and I like to keep it that way. I can and do talk sh!t about all the guns I paid for if/when I feel like it but it will be based on facts! No one I know on AGN with any sort of integrity will go out of way to trash talk another brand baselessly or with thin vail of truth.

Last edited:
Dana will be missed on this site, But I will search him out on other forms, I fluff everything off, nothing sticks to my shoulder , I am an old man now but from 18 to 60 I was a power lifter, With that much power and strength you have to control your anger.
My gun is better than your gun anyway, So there, My dog is smarter to.
Better days are coming, Just hide and watch,
Mike LOL, Remember the ole Flame suit on,

Money ruins everything! When there is a buck to be made some people show their true color. If you take money or free stuff from gun manufactures or dealers you become their little b!tch and have to do what they tell you. Here is a question for those aspire to be an “influencer”, while the idea of doing what you love for work sounds great but when it actually does become work then would you still loved it when you got bills to pay till you retire? Would you sell out your integrity to pay your bills? If not then being an influencer is probably not really financially viable…..especially in the niche little airgun industry.

Thankfully I worked hard(10pm here and still prepping for a project) to pay for all my guns and have no desire/need to make videos and social media posts, airguns to me is just a hobby and I like to keep it that way. I can and do talk sh!t about all the guns I paid for if/when I feel like it but it will be based on facts! No one I know on AGN with any sort of integrity will go out of way to trash talk another brand baselessly or with thin vail of truth.
10pm and still working on a project??? That’s “too much work!” Ha ha!!

Trash talking of a manufacturer or product… there’s a sub section at the top of the contents page for that sort of thing. That’s where one should vent and let all know what they feel about a manufacturer, a vendor, or about a product part, to let all know. Both positive and negative input. Let it all out, and be done with it.

The problem is, this is an open forum, and some feel like that’s the golden ticket to just open up their mouth and say whatever they want to say, whenever they want, cause they have “freedom of speech”. To those folks, you ever wonder what the audience perceives of your comments? Perfect example is the topic of the fx liner system. The comment of “straws for barrels”. Some here won’t leave that alone. They bash on that every chance they get, sometimes weekly, or daily even!! To them I say give it a rest, and you can count on the day you decide to leave AGN, there won’t be anyone starting a topic on you about you being sadly missed. It’s cause you’ve pretty much “wore out the crowd”.

Same with the Hatsan haters. Relieve yourself on that subsection I mentioned earlier and be done with it. Don’t jump on every other subsection or ruin someone’s Hatsan topic of his first Hatsan airgun purchase about all your blah blah blah negative hates. You start sounding like that dude in the Pebbles and Bam Bam cartoon- Bad Luck Schleprock.

Sometimes it’s best to just zip it.

Last edited:
Like anything in life. It ain’t all roses and nice smelling flowers. Will always be people of differing views and opinions no matter where you go or what you do. It is to the individual to decide where they spend their time but I think this dichotomy will exist to some degree everywhere. Wish him the best.

I think in pre-internet the world was less hostile, less volatile. Back in the days before the internet you might, and I mean might be in a club with another airgunner and your interaction was mostly face to face or maybe a phone conversation. But you knew the person and you were “friends” possibly. And unless you were an opinionated Ahole you chose your words wisely as to not alienate yourself so as to shut off communication. Some folks might have been lucky enough to know of several people actively involved in airguns so were able to have good conversations and variety of guns to compare and experience.
Not to say there weren’t “know it alls” that really don’t want to hear your opinion or care about it, but they were known as “the grumpy old man” and were left alone. Or maybe everyone had to hear their grumblings and everyone rolled their eyes. 🙄 Too bad for them. A co-worker told me a long long time ago “you can learn something from everybody, sometimes though it’s just the time of day”.
Opening up the whole world for a discussion that’s not face to face has its downside I’ve learned.
I’m no expert or airsmith in the airgun world. I have a lot of hands on experience and training with high pressure air systems and willingly share my knowledge when I can. When I read or hear of someone trying to do something unsafe or stupid I will share a comment. The comment is to educate or warn, not berate the person. From that point on, my hands are tied. I’ll remain cordial until you insult my family. 😂

Last edited: