• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What happened to all the mk1/mk2 impacts?

A few years ago, Ted, Matt, Southern Africa guys, Utah airgun, shooter1721, all the youtubers, they were all shooting impact mk1/mk2. Now when you looked at their channels all you see is the m3 and they never show or shoot their old impacts. So do people just toss away their mk1/mk2 or what happened to them? Are m3 more far superior than older gen. Is that why these guys aren't shooting older impact? Or is it just marketing for the m3.

Those guys are paid to market what is on offer today. Plenty of older impacts still out there, on a bench, in a safe, on a repair stand, or in my case hanging at the ready for its daily workout.

1661570140772.png

Those guys are paid to market what is on offer today. Plenty of older impacts still out there, on a bench, in a safe, on a repair stand, or in my case hanging at the ready for its daily workout.

View attachment 285650
That's nice. Good to see the mk1/mk2 still seeing some loves. Seem like its m3 this m3 that now a day.

I was waiting on M3 but didn’t really see the M3 as a big enough upgrade and ended up buy 2 crowns instead. My Mk2 will basically be a current M3 with a front reg delete this weekend.
View attachment 285655
Ready for some surgery this weekend:
View attachment 285656
Where did you purchase the upgrades? Most place i see only show pre orders.

To me pr now: -Too many options, too many variables, too many pellet/slug/liners/scope settings, HS-tension and go,go go.
Sorry, but I want to grab my gun, go out and shoot a few rounds, and put the gun back on its stand and (maybe), take a few more shots tomorrow, just before morning break - and the never ending work, work, work….