What hand pump do I buy?

Greetings! First post here.

So my wife bought me my first Air rifle, a marauder 22 cal, and it is sitting under the tree as i write this. I see that Benjamin makes a pump for this rifle but it is $130 at the time of writing. That is more than i would LIKE to spend, but will if i need to in order to get something that works. Is there any pump that is good under $100 that will work with the maurader. I have no idea what the deal with adapters or fittings is, as this is my first air rifle and i havent even held it yet. 

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

I have the Benjamin pump. It works, though the Hill is more efficient. If you want to go cheap, and put in a little more effort until you can afford air tanks, eBay and Amazon have cheaper hand pumps that people seem to like:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC2.A0.H0.Xpcp+hand+pump.TRS0&_nkw=pcp+hand+pump&_sacat=0

or 

https://www.amazon.com/Yosoo-Pressure-4500psi-3-Silicone-Included/dp/B075CJN52L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1543634882&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=pcp+hand+pump&psc=1

I'm sure they are the same pump, so wherever you can get it cheapest.

Fittings - Foster Fitting is included with the pumps and that's all you need

The Hill is a whole lot better, but these will get you up and pumping.

When I bought my synrod a year ago, I purchased the cheapest 4500 psi hand pump I could find. I paid $43 with free shipping. It has worked flawlessly up to 4500 psi on a small cf bottle and has refilled my synrod and my urban each dozens of times without any issues. I gave that pump to a friend who just bought his first pcp last month and picked up a replacement one for $26.87 on aliexpress (with free shipping). I have taken the new one to 4500 psi several times to test it (with a deadhead on the end of the quick-fill line). I also deadheaded a yellow moisture filter cylinder and took it to 4300 psi and left everything pressurized for 30 minutes. No leaks, no bursts. 

I'm sure the Hill pumps and the Benji pump are quality, but I've also had great experiences with the least expensive 4500 psi hand pumps you can find for sale. Both of mine were the model with the foldaway base.

Here's the link to the one I bought a month ago - the price has gone up slightly to $35 with free shipping:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4500psi-304-stainless-steel-3-Stage-Air-Rifle-PCP-Gun-Hand-Pump-Stirrup-Charging-Gas-Filter/32926008762.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.20ce4c4dSnh9uV

Good luck!

CA - I bought a Marauder with a hand pump. Took me about a month to realize I'd never shoot as much as I want unless I got tanks and found a shop to fill at. On a Marauder it's about 30 shots to 100 strokes on the Benjamin pump, probably 90 strokes on the Hill. Up to about 2500 PSI, it's not bad but that last 300 PSI to about 2800 is a bear. No need to hit 3000 PSI, 2800 is close enough.

So I've had a Benjamin and an MK3 pump. I had the Benjamin pump for 4 years. I have had the MK3 for one year. They were both very good I could not find a drastic difference between the two except for top end PSI. After 4 years the Benjamin gave up after one year of using the MK3 I bought a Yong Heng so now it says unused. But either way I would recommend a dry pack if you live in a wet environment like I do.

Another cheap pump user here. I have not used a hill pump, but in my experience the pump isn't nearly as important as the o rings you put in it. Harbor freight o rings will blow out every couple fills in mine. Both my guns take over 220-250 bar and both are 500cc and pumping them takes quite a bit of effort and time. I would shoot more and more often if i had a fill tank. This is especially true when i take them on trips cause i dont really like hauling my pump around with me. Check your area for dive shops or paintball places, they will usually have some used tanks for a discount. You can get a small 4500psi tank off ebay for $250-300 and would get a dozen or so fills. If you have those shops and they can fill your tank (make sure to check they can with the specific tank you plan to get). Fills normally run $5-10, so you may want to go that route if you intend on shooting a lot and often

Good deal, please use it a bit and give us all a full report ( and a link to your actual model perhaps). I use the taousa (?) which looks just like the G^ or the pump "prf" linked to excpt I paid closer to $100. Have owned FX , Hill, Benjamin ( the benjaimim an original that NEVER could be made to work) and the G6 clones seem to be 100% as good. Hand pumps are such a basic design only the QC matters and it seems many of these correctly priced pumps have it.

Hand pumps hit the market when heavy scuba was the only other option and came out just over $200.00. The first run was aprox 200 units with NO parts/rebuild available. A Deal for the freedom offered. In 6 month's 2 companies had hand pumps out, same price range. Nearly 20 years later and the same companies are charging the same price because some will still pay for the brand name not because they offer a better product.

Look forward to your review ( and hoping your chosen manufacturer had excellent QC)

John

Owned both a hill pump and the cheap eBay one. I returned the hill pump and got all my money back. Still have the cheap one and love it. I do pump every now and then when I take my pistol on the field. That way I don’t have to bring a heavy ass tank. When I had the two, I compared both and studied them very closely. Performance wise they both did excellent.