• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What gun to choose?

Hmmm now that's a LOADED question lol. I am personally holding out for the new version of the priest. Rti arms should be announcing the prophet the first quarter next year. It will have a side cocking lever versus the direct bolt on the priest and priest 2. I can say the gun in itself is sweet, very well built and shoots lights out. I prefer the side cocking lever as it is easier to cycle but that's my opinion. I wish you the best on your journey though as there are a lot of stops on the way. 

I think all the listed rifles are very good. For a portable proven hunter that is easy to maintain and well built, but expensive and heavy, the edguns are excellent. The Dreamliner is priced well, and is customizable. The uragan is too new. Not enough data. The priest 2 is very intriguing. The new rti prophet is set to drop soon, and if it can fit your requirements, may be a worthy contender. I say edgun or rti. If you bench and don’t need a heavy duty hunting piece, I really like the rti.

Im looking to get a new air rifle. And i cant decide between the fx dreamline, the priest2, the uragans, or the edun r5m or lelya2.0.

Let me hear your thoughts on these guns.

Rifle, bottle-pups, bullpup, or ultra-compact bullpup. The FX is the odd man out in that regard. So- we hear hunting is the main objective. What caliber? What tune level? What range? The Lelya is not what I would consider ideal for long-range hunting though I fully intend of getting one inside the next 6 months. For tight- quarters or surburban pesting, I cannot think of a better platform, IMO. The FX has an inherent level of adjustability, but that comes with a price- more likelihood of making an oops and throwing things off kilter. And it is an FX- meaning you have known choices regarding ammo (not a big quest to find The Pellet). The Matador is the priciest but it IS an EdGun, and like the Lelya, built like a tank- they are hunting guns just like the Priest. The Uraguns are bottle-fed, so not exactly handpump friendly. But if reaching out and touching a plethora of critters is what you mean by hunting, they will certainly suffice. IIRC, the Priest 2 has swappability with AR furniture which is a nice feature for customizing to your specific desires.

so- I recommend figuring out what you're hunting, what caliber you'll hunt with as well as the range you'll be hunting, and if possible, see if there's any local airgunners nearby that will let you give their guns a test-drive.

Im looking to get a new air rifle. And i cant decide between the fx dreamline, the priest2, the uragans, or the edun r5m or lelya2.0.

Let me hear your thoughts on these guns.

Rifle, bottle-pups, bullpup, or ultra-compact bullpup. The FX is the odd man out in that regard. So- we hear hunting is the main objective. What caliber? What tune level? What range? The Lelya is not what I would consider ideal for long-range hunting though I fully intend of getting one inside the next 6 months. For tight- quarters or surburban pesting, I cannot think of a better platform, IMO. The FX has an inherent level of adjustability, but that comes with a price- more likelihood of making an oops and throwing things off kilter. And it is an FX- meaning you have known choices regarding ammo (not a big quest to find The Pellet). The Matador is the priciest but it IS an EdGun, and like the Lelya, built like a tank- they are hunting guns just like the Priest. The Uraguns are bottle-fed, so not exactly handpump friendly. But if reaching out and touching a plethora of critters is what you mean by hunting, they will certainly suffice. IIRC, the Priest 2 has swappability with AR furniture which is a nice feature for customizing to your specific desires.

so- I recommend figuring out what you're hunting, what caliber you'll hunt with as well as the range you'll be hunting, and if possible, see if there's any local airgunners nearby that will let you give their guns a test-drive.

I agree with the above, you really need to know what kind of hunting you'll be doing. I just picked up a standard Uragan in .22 a couple weeks ago. So far it's been very accurate without me doing any in depth tuning. After sight in and a few shots to get acclimated, I popped a squirrel in the head at a lasered 67 yards with ease. It's not a light airgun however the bullpup configuration keeps the center of gravity close which makes it comfortable to support (my opinion anyway). The larger air capacity allows turning up the power while still having a reasonable number of shots but I will also agree it's not very handpump friendly. Right now I'm handpumping and it's not terrible topping off from ~50 bar at a time (anymore and the handpump gets very warm). 

All of those on your list are great guns and cannot go wrong with any. For mostly hunting, the Edgun R5M would be my choice as it is very field worthy built like a tank. I would also say to have a look at the JSAR Raptor Mini as it’s very compact and powerful and also built solidly just like a WAR. I have the full size and although not heavy or unwieldy, just not as conducive to carrying in the field as the Mini would be.

I've been eyeing a lelya. Compact, plenty of power, accurate, robust, light-weight. Seems like it ticks all the boxes.

I've been shooting a 380mm Crown a lot though, and the balance/light weight of it may have me spoiled.

Id think a crown would be a great hunter I own a red wolf and an impact plus a regal so I’ve got everything covered Still think I’d like a crown just to see....it’s an addictive hobby