• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What gauge is the right pressure, compressor or pcp gun?

I had a gun/bottle gauge that always read about 750 psi too high. I used that gauge to determine when to switch off. Was not reaching the gun's ideal pressure for a long time before i was able to check against two other gun gauges and realize what was up. 
my YH gauge is off as well - reads 300 psi or so above actual pressure (a gauge sent to me by a respected gun smith that had been tested and confirmed accurate revealed that). I think the idea is that a few hundred psi from a true value is the best we can hope for. Let us hope all components are designed to fail far above their working pressures. We would be hearing of lots of injuries if this was an issue wouldn't we?

I have an Umarex ReadyAir too. Loud and slow but I have 10 hours on it so far with no problems……it gets the job done and I like it. But I’ve also noticed that it pumps up the guns a little higher than the digital gauge reads. So I just dial it down. I know that a 200 bar fill should be set for 185 bar on the display. And that a 250 bar fill should be set for about 240 bar on the display…….and so on.