• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

What front rest is everyone using for benchrest competitions?

"Salticon"I use the Randolph, converts to one piece open class too. Belt driven, quick, smooth, and precise
Thanks for posting this photo. I did not realize they made the extension for the Randolph front rest - I could not find it on their website. I called and purchased the extension and hope to try it out next week, weather permitting.

I have the Caldwell BR rest and the Baldeagle rest. I use the Caldwell for benchresting my Anschutz .22 competition rifle and use the Baldeagle for my TX200 MKlll. I didn't like the cable adjustment om the baldeagle rest so I took it off and replaced with a handle. I doesn't take but about 15 minutes to do it. The handle windage adjustment is much easier to adjust. I think there is a video on you tube, show you how to do it

I feel like such a neanderthal! 
I use an Atlas Bipod and I stick a sandbag in the back. If I don't have an Atlas, I use a Harris or a sandbag in the front. 
Before you laugh at this...
I have not placed in the top ten for 25yd ever. But, last year at EBR I placed in the top 10 for the 75 yard. I didn't even realize it until they called my name to shoot again. I had put very little focus on the 25 and 75. 
Now, I'm in Pro Class for the next 3 years! uh! I'm gonna get slaughtered! lol! ;) Oh well... I still can't wait to see everyone there again! :D
Tom

"Tominco"I feel like such a neanderthal! 
I use an Atlas Bipod and I stick a sandbag in the back. If I don't have an Atlas, I use a Harris or a sandbag in the front. 
Before you laugh at this...
I have not placed in the top ten for 25yd ever. But, last year at EBR I placed in the top 10 for the 75 yard. I didn't even realize it until they called my name to shoot again. I had put very little focus on the 25 and 75. 
Now, I'm in Pro Class for the next 3 years! uh! I'm gonna get slaughtered! lol! ;) Oh well... I still can't wait to see everyone there again! :D
Tom
Don't feel bad at all/ I shoot with two to or three(depends on venue) worlds bench rest shooters when I attend BR matches. I use leather bags front and back, with wood blocks every match,and my Field Target gun to boot. Of course it's my choice but seeing as FT is my first choice and BR is complimentary I don't beat myself up too much. Though I do come in last every time.
Some day I'll have the money to spend on dedicated LV and HV 25M bench rest guns, and a front rest to match but for now I just enjoy shooting with and getting advise from some of the best.

I just upgraded myself to a Chip Smith front rest. I've been thinking about the Randolph but when I saw this, I was on the phone with Chip right away. He explained every thing he did to build this mechanical work of art and I knew this is the one for me. The machining, parts, and done by hand fitting and finish that he put into this are amazing. Put side by side (compare pictures) with the Randolph and I saw this as top of its class. I really like the idea of being able to control the vertical / horizontal axis independently just like a scope knowing if I don't want to touch the vertical it isn't going to change (no joystick).

Might be one of the only areas I can one up CK on at the moment.

Hahahaha! 
Well Boyz - that was short lived! 😆
Got an email from Chip Smith about a week ago- asked if I'd like one of those beauties - think he only made 5 in total -
so the new Chip Smith is on its way to me,and the Randolph is on its way to a new home as well!
for the record- the Ranolph weighs in at 22.3 lbs and the Chip Smith weighs in at 28 lbs -
I'm still waiting on my SEB NEO - 
cheers guys!
CK

Lots of OLD GUYS IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA 😆
But I'm told that the SEB NEO takes some getting used to? ( joysticks) 
Ill post what I think about it,when it arrives some months into the future?
the Chip Smith is Top Shelf all the way- I'm exited to get one -
and love the fact that you can use your own sand filled bag-
let me know how you like yours as well
regards 
CK