• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

what fps does your jsb's like?

I used to start testing pellets indoors, but nowadays feel its a waste of time unless you plan on shooting mostly indoors. I found many of the very best shooting pellets indoors did not do as well oudoors as some also-rans from the indoor testing. So I now test for the intended use, be it really precise short range, or best at extended range (extended with most airguns is beyond 40 yards), or long range (over 100 yards). 

Sometimes, even the tightest shooting 100 yard pellet isn't quite so accurate at 25 meters, but becomes a contender at fifty yards.

I have a 51 yard underground range on my property, and use it both for tuning guns as well as establishing my poi and esp my zero wind settings, but I mostly use it to shoot powder burners now. But I stand by my feeling its a time waster with respect to deciding which model pellets are best.

I constructed that tunnel while developing the forerunner of the USFT, and its good tool to demonstrate 50 yard precision under ideal conditions (benchrested, with no wind and good light). The first batch of USFT' rifles could average under a m.o.a. (all from the same air charge) for 10 five-shot consecutive groups, displayed on the same card. I had opined this sort of performance could win on about any Field Target match in the country ... and this proved to be correct, as many of those early guns I tuned did just that.