Other What features would your dream PCP have?

What parts of the design do you like?

• Barrel

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Internals

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Magazine

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Stock

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Nothing is good, it all sucks and pointless...

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
1. Dovetail Rails gone the way of the Dinosaurs

2. Larger capacity magazine ( more than 1 included with the rifle)

3. Basic cleaning kit included

4. Complete Parts explosion/diagram included

5. GET THE F-ing PRESSURE GUAGE OFF THE BUSINESS END OF THE RIFLE/PISTOL

6. ABSOLUTELY NO MORE FILL PROBES TO LOSE

100% accurate

Exactly! Here's a picture of a TX200. Notice that the cheekpiece is inline with the bore and that it's a very tall cheekpiece that's intended to work with a fairly large scope. View attachment 413990 For comparison, here's a Western SidewinderView attachment 413991
And a Winchester with iron sightsView attachment 413995
I always wondered about and disliked that about bullpups. I replaced the 2 feet tall rail on my bullboss with a flat maybe quarter inch thick picatinny rail from Amazon. I still shoulder and see though the scope just fine. I think manufacturers over exaggerate these scope rail heights.

Reactions: Airgun Al

I agree with everything except 6. What we really need is one standardized fill probe for all airguns. Foster fittings are far from perfect.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66

I agree, and would take it one step further...
Im not a fan of the gauges protruding out and away.
In my opinion, the gauges should be flush with whereever they are installed.
I could see a gauge getting snapped off, in the event a rifle accidently fell over, and that would be catastrophic.

Foster fittings sure beat fill probes, in my opinion.
I cant think of a better method, than a foster fitting to be honest.
Take a pistol like the GK1. Anywhere you put a foster fitting on it would either result in sacrificing air volume or having a fitting protruding from the side. A probe is just hands down better.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I always wondered about and disliked that about bullpups. I replaced the 2 feet tall rail on my bullboss with a flat maybe quarter inch thick picatinny rail from Amazon. I still shoulder and see though the scope just fine. I think manufacturers over exaggerate these scope rail heights.

Bullpup PB's I can't get with, reloads are a PITA.

Bullpup PCP's or bust. I won't own a non bully PCP.

As for the rail heights, doesn't bother me at all. All my ARs have 2.2" unity mounts. I'm not trying to tweak my neck just to aim down site and get on target.

Bullpup PB's I can't get with, reloads are a PITA.

Bullpup PCP's or bust. I won't own a non bully PCP.

As for the rail heights, doesn't bother me at all. All my ARs have 2.2" unity mounts. I'm not trying to tweak my neck just to aim down site and get on target.
The reason it's important on an airgun but not an AR is because of the target size and range. For an AR close range is 50 yards or less and target sizes are often torso sized. So a 2.5" high optic doesn't make any difference. Any error caused by it is well within the target. On an airgun close range is under 15 yards and target sizes are often under an inch. At 5 yards you might have to holdover 2 inches to hit a rabbit in the head and at that range you'll probably have to make a quick shot.

I totally agree about bullpup airguns and PBs however. One is great the other meh.

Reactions: allinssd
Ah yeah, great points; I forgot to take other people's shooting style into account, I'm a plinker and use my PCPs the same way - I only use targets to zero other than that I'm banging steel.

The reason it's important on an airgun but not an AR is because of the target size and range. For an AR close range is 50 yards or less and target sizes are often torso sized. So a 2.5" high optic doesn't make any difference. Any error caused by it is well within the target. On an airgun close range is under 15 yards and target sizes are often under an inch. At 5 yards you might have to holdover 2 inches to hit a rabbit in the head and at that range you'll probably have to make a quick shot.

I totally agree about bullpup airguns and PBs however. One is great the other meh.

I agree, and would take it one step further...
Im not a fan of the gauges protruding out and away.
In my opinion, the gauges should be flush with whereever they are installed.
I could see a gauge getting snapped off, in the event a rifle accidently fell over, and that would be catastrophic.
With todays wireless technologies, why do we even have gauges at all?
A small Bluetooth sensor at the bottle and another after the reg, (and I guess another after the second reg for the FX guys), all reporting to an app on your smart sutpid phone. More accurate, easier to read and never have to reposition to read your pressures.
Add to that a BT chronograph and you have most of the info you need at a glance.

Reactions: Arkansas_Airgunner