What else do you shoot?

Had to switch scopes on a couple of .22's. I put a Aztec scope I had on my Savage .22. This is a 10 shot group @ 25 yards with CCI standard velocity ammo and NO they weren't all this tight, but shooting the ammo I was, it was a great group for the ammo. Lots of air gunners have shot PB's for decades, and know how to shoot, but are new to air rifles and know HOW to shoot if the rifle and pellets cooperate.
20230430_095909.jpg
20230430_100056.jpg

thought we were not supposed to talk powder burners on an air channel ? might want to read rules .
I mean you can say you shoot them but no discuss same.
4. Discussion of firearms, firearm parts, or NFA items is prohibited.
Well I posted a picture of a rifle and the target I shot. I wouldn't call that a discussion, but if a moderator thinks it's against rule 4. they can remove it.

Reactions: Uwharrieairgunner
I shoot one PB (a revolver), and I used to shoot a slingshot in the back yard. Still own it and lots of ammo for it, but TBH neither of them has captured my enthusiasm as much as airguns have.

The fun level is just the highest with the airgun. That’s the bottom line for me. The potential use for pest control is a big plus also.

I really like target practice, and with the much lower price of pellets and opps for safe practice right at home, it’s easy to shoot at least a couple of times a week. Gotta love that!

Longbows, custom made or selfbows that I make myself

Witha good broadhead devastating on game and the only target shooting I do, cannot be bothered target shooting with airguns but I can sling 200-300 arrows in one session.
Know what you mean, love practicing with a wood bow as well. There's something special about the "live power" in them. :)

I cut an Ironwood (hophornbeam) last fall and split out 4 exceptionally nice staves. Planning a couple of bows, a Meare Heath, a Holmegaard and a longbow when the wood is dry enough. Have an elm recurve in process.

Cheers!

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
thought we were not supposed to talk powder burners on an air channel ? might want to read rules .
I mean you can say you shoot them but no descuse same
I spend a lot of time on the Accurate Shooter Forum. Yes, pb. I started posting about the enjoyment I am getting from Springer air guns. A bunch of members have expressed they have or are considering Springer or pcps. There is now a movement to open an airgun section from the members and it is being considered. What about NRL? Pretty closed minded thought process that does nothing to encourage folks to join the airgin fun in my opinion. To the OP, check out Accurate Shooter, much more friendly.

Reactions: Richieg
Daisy 99 BB gun, 68 cal Cold Steel Blowgun and Bunny Buster Hammermill Hunter slingshot.. Shoot a cardboard box stuffed with rags to capture the ammo. Also throw an Assassi spear at a box or tree but not much anymore as the neighbor gives me the eye, shakes their head and keep their kids inside. Fun being a kid again.

What else do I shoot...? I suppose the correct answer would be 'yes'.
blackpowder
pistol
rifle
ELR
shotgun
archery
blowguns
slingbows
atlatl
you name it.

Latest project, though not everyone cup o tea... Wild West meets Thunderdome

View attachment 352522
Cool looking, however, cycling that lever must be bothersome. 🤔

@markiver Ah... gotcha.... yes, it's not exactly practical as outfitted, but it looks cool at least. Figure if it looks bad assed enough, it would scare anyone away without firing a shot!
Nice...... that is close for sure. Hit me up some Saturday for a range day. I've got a 'wannabe Hickok 45' range here at the house up at the workshop.