What else do you do?

Really enjoyed reading the responses to your post Chappee. Oh man, the days of running and weight lifting and boxing, and martial arts are long, long gone for this ol' curmudgeon ;-)

The only thing that gets any exercise on this ol' body now days is my trigger finger when it's not pecking away at the computer keyboard of course ;-)

My wife and I have a couple of acres out in the country with a very private back yard which has turned into our own private airgun range and deer reserve ;-) Love to have friends and family come over to shoot with us. Prefer not to travel and would be happy and content to stay right here at our slice of heaven watching the deer, and squirrels, and raccoons, and cardinals, doves, and bluebirds eating corn from the 4 dog bowls placed about 15 yds off the back porch.

Patiently waiting for this years fawns to visit us. We've had 3 fawns the past two years. Hoping for 4 this year ;-)
Nothing like sitting on the back porch and watching the deer play while drinking a cup of coffee or an adult beverage or two.

Ive been a pest control guy for well over 30 years. I picked up airgunning as an alternative to rodenticides. I had no idea at the time I would enjoy the art of airgunning itself. In my off time I play Hammond organ in a rock and blues band, guitar in a 50s rock and roll band, bass in a latin rock/salsa band. I used to do a solo twelve string guitar gig until I broke my wrist. I really enjoy air rifling, If I could start all over again I wouldn't have entered into air gunning with an entry level air rifle (Synrod), I would have saved up for a nicer rifle like an AA S510 or some such. Being that Uncle Sam pays for part of it anyway I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Fun thread, thanks. The real deal: spending time with my girlfriend and her daughter and a young man I mentor through the Big Brother/Big Sister program. Also, I love motorcycling. Very fast street bikes for many years till I wrecked the last one in a rather spectacular high-speed crash. Now I'm riding a dual sport and really enjoying it. Canoeing. Hiking. Hunting: deer, turkey, duck, partridge or whatever's in season. I read. In fact, I remember very clearly when I was maybe 13 reading an article in one of my dad's "Shooter's Bibles", an article titled "the Pneumo-nimrod" about serious airguns. I wanted a Feinwerkbau 124 sooo bad! As far as hunting lit goes, Capstick is a page turner, and one of his stories is about shooting dragon flies with a sub-machine bb gun that he hooks up to bulk air. Not to be missed. And, Faulkner's Go Down Moses should be required reading for all hunters. You all sound like a cool bunch, very impressed with the canoes and the take-down bow, sweet!

I am a full-time Dentist here in New Mexico, although I practiced my 1st 23 years in Indiana just outside Chicago. In the mid-west I was an avid bird hunter. I have owned several pointers/setter over the years hunting both pheasant and quail. I have made several trips up to Ted's neck of the woods to chase the geese all over Horicon Marsh. I am also quite active in music as well. I have been singing Babershop quartet music for 38 years. I have won the Indiana/Kentucky district competition twice and the Illinios district 3 times. I have competed at the International level 5 times. Although we didn't actually place there when we went, I was ranked 16th in the world going into the competition. I am currently singing in the Duke City Sound Chorus which will represent the Rocky Mountain District at the International Chorus competition in Pittsburgh this July. It is ironic that similar to air guns, Sweden have become a powerhouse at the barbershop International competition.
My son who has started to shoot with me will be starting college to become a Music educator. My daughter, who is already in college to become a pharmacist, is only mildly interested in shooting. Although she has fire my rifle only 3 times, she managed to hit the 4 in, then the 2 in, then the 1 in. spinner target at forty yards right in a row. She laughed and went back to studying. I will keep working on her to shoot more.
I am currently putting together a Falcon pistol with Van Jacobi (Air Hog) before he leaves New Mexico. Hopefully we will have it shooting this week. What an incredibly knowledgable individual. Somehow with all theses hobbies, continuing education, and work I have managed to stay married to my wife, Susan for 25 years. 

I retired as an airline pilot last year. Operated DC-3's, 727's, DC-8's and the 747/744 for the DOD, State Department and several others I can't talk about. Have been activated as said pilot in every engagement since Grenada until most recently in Afghanistan. I did 28 years of contract work with a company you never heard of for Air France, Air India, Lufthansa, Saudia, UPS, Fed Express, Qantas, Air New Zealand, United and Varig. I am still a Union Steward part time and enjoy keeping in contact with my crewmembers but officially retired, done, tired of working on the wrong side of the clock on the wrong side of the world.
I build bicycle wheels and rebuild old Schwinn's as Christmas gifts for parents of kids in the neighborhood that are just working to make ends meet. I fly fish a lot and have an old Airstream near a trout stream in Southern Missouri that is my sanctuary. My Uncle Sam liked my shooting skills and gave me lots of training to be a better marksman. I can't find 22 ammo to teach my grand kids proper firearms handling so I got into building the Crosman 2240 into light weight carbines and HPA. That led me into rebuilding springers and eventually the world of the PCP. The you tube videos that Ted made really hooked me into the more powerful air guns and now I think I may have a new home here at the Nation. I enjoy the camaraderie of you the members and I might on occasion have information of value to share. To me this is a great opportunity for all of us. So let's have fun...

I know this is sort of an older post, and it was originally posted when there weren't a lot of listed members. So since the number of members has grown significantly, I was hoping to see if anyone else has done cool things with their life that they would like to share.

To add to my original post I have recently been invited to an international track and field competition in Australia during next July! I am going to be running the 200m dash, the 400m dash and possibly the relays that go with those events!!

Cool thread. I am a "professional" and avid metal detectorist which is why my friends call me "Swing" as I like to "swing" my metal detectors. Luckily my wife is my best friend and understanding because one machine for example costs $5,000 my other main machine set me back $3,000 :S I like to dive with my machines in the pursuit of gold and silver jewelry in local swimming holes. I currently have a contract with our local golf course to recover relics which sits on a very important piece of land. I've been pulling coins and relics that pre-date our statehood and the place is virtual time capsul from 1810-1900. My team is the first known recovery team to ever search it and it shows. One of the best pieces of land I've EVER been on. [/IMG][/URL]

I used to be really into motorcycling, I've owned alot of bikes but my two favorites were my KTM950SM and BuellXB12R, when I had kids I decided I need to get rid of those and move to something else, sooo I sold the bikes and bought a lot of stainless steel brewing equipment, I've been brewing beer for about 2 years and it's fun, and enjoyable to taste what you created. Not to mention.. it's BEER! However now that I've be steady 3rd shift at work it's a lot harder to drink as often. What really started my airgun obsession, which has stolen a lot of my brewing funds, was some groundhogs setup shops under my shed and deck, I had no knowledge of airguns other than my old Crosman 66. and what Gamo rifles were at the sporting goods store, before I do anything I research intensively, so I bought a Trail NP XL and that started it all, in a month a .25 Marauder and another month later a FX Bobcat .22... Hunting laws in my state will determine what's next!

Professionally, I am a wildlife control operator, trainer, DVD producer, writer, photographer, and publishing editor of a wildlife control publication for the wildlife control industry. I own several different businesses and am lucky that I found a woman willing to put up with me for more than 20 years now.

Personally, my first love is fur trapping, followed closely by cooking, reading, listening to music, and watching YouTube educational videos and Craig Ferguson. I enjoy hunting with different types of instruments based on the situation, my mood and how empty the freezer is. I grew up shooting archery but got involved with crossbows after my accident and have been shooting them for the past 20+ years. I was finally getting back into archery when I was bitten by the air rifle bug. I've been lucky enough to have had a lot of experiences in my life (martial arts, Marine Corps, riding horses, motorcycles, unicycles, kayaks, single father of two, teaching saxophone, playing guitar, piano, trumpet, percussion along with several other instruments to name several of the more interesting ones), but I wouldn't consider myself a master of any of them.

I operate a portion of the electric grid while at my regular job, I am retiring from that job in January, I have worked in the electric utility industry for 32 years the first 20 as an electric journeyman lineman until a back injury forced me off the crews and into a desk job.

I have been running a business when not at work since 2006, when I retire from job one I will run the business full time and I am looking forward to that no more rotating 12 hour shifts.

I am an avid fisherman which led me into the business I started the problem is I have no time to fish between job one and the business. I like target shooting I don't hunt anymore but I enjoy target shooting. In my business I operate a machine shop with 2 CNC machines and many manual machines as well. I have some plans to make some stuff for airgunning but right now I just don't have the time. I make parts for sport fishing boats out of plastic and aluminum.

The airgunning allows me to shoot at my house when I have a few extra minutes. If I had to load up and go to a range I would not get to shoot because I never have that much time. We live on 6.3 acres and that has a lot of maintenance as well but it is a great place to shoot my airguns.

Mike