• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Else do I need to know before shooting?

• I'd probably leave it a hair over your regulator setting for long term storage.
  • Have quality o-rings on hand (or at least the complete list of sizes and hardnesses at the ready).
  • Use good food grade grease (Trident scuba silicone has worked well for me and others, some swear by SuperLube - but be careful, they make different types and do not use the type that contains oil that'll cause a disaster)
  • Don't buy pellets from Amazon, ever

My advice is when you get the bug for a higher end pcp, just buy a RAW, Thomas, EDgun & be done with wanting.

EDguns are great, FX is got great barrels, too many places to leak & they’re in Sweden. I won’t own one. Yes, R5M Supermagnum was built in Russia; but I can fix those o rings. Do not, do not buy a Huben until beta testing is done. Just my advice. I love their performance when they work right. I’m waiting for airguns to go to 

Bullpups have pretty much been great. Georgia Airguns Cricket, Vulcan 2, Taipan Veteran. 

I started with Crosman 760 in the 70’s. Then springers. Tuned springers. A Discovery, Marauder (8-9) in every caliber 3 of each modded all different. I learned the basics. Buy top of the line & be done. I’m also hoping someone starts utilizing other options to take us further. https://www.haskel.com/wp-content/uploads/Haskel_Liquid_Pumps_Booklet_Web.pdf

Can we go beyond Huben, Ataman, etc. 5K high fill guns? I think we could but I will be thrilled when just bigger carbon fiber 4500psi bottle guns (Uragan) are available. I hear those tanks are coming very soon for other air guns. 

• I'd probably leave it a hair over your regulator setting for long term storage.
  • Have quality o-rings on hand (or at least the complete list of sizes and hardnesses at the ready).
  • Use good food grade grease (Trident scuba silicone has worked well for me and others, some swear by SuperLube - but be careful, they make different types and do not use the type that contains oil that'll cause a disaster)
  • Don't buy pellets from Amazon, ever

If I don't have a tester how do I know if my regulator is set properly? Also any links to the orings you reccomend and the lube? Thank you for the info

A chronograph can tell you a lot about how your gun is performing. It can give you an idea where your reg is set

Yep you need a chrono (I should have added that at the top of my bullet pointed list!). You need it to see the pressure where you're shots are falling off. I have also found the gauges on the filling apparatuses to be a little more accurate than some that ship with the guns. You can get a fairly close idea of the rifle gauge accuracy using the fill gauge as a reference.

FWIW, my .22 Gauntlet leaked air slowly out of the fill valve until I refilled it about 5 or 6 times. I read others had the problem also. Some owners degassed the gun, removed the valve, sanded any metal burrs and replaced. Being new to pcp guns I was apprehensive and just refilled before going to the range again. Now there are no problems with air leaks at all.

I prop mine in the corner of the dining room filled to 3,000 psi, so I am always ready for backyard pests.