What editing software do you use?

I use VideoPad on my Mac, they have versions for Windows also. I have purchased the license to open up a few more options, like direct upload to Vimoe and YouTube, but they do offer a free version. I'm not a techno geek, so I appreciate how easy it is to use. I can make a video from different videos from different sources and it has a lot of options for transitions and clipping excess video to shorten an overly long video. I also like how easy it is to slow down the video so I can do a slow-motion section when the pellets finds it's target!

I use Davinci Studio (paid version). However, I don't have any shooting videos; I run a channel based on repairing and restoring classic Coleman lanterns and Stoves. Once you buy davinci, it's free upgrades for life. Main reason I bought the paid version is that I can use my video card to render the video. It cuts rendering time by 75% or greater. I can render 720p video at 160 frames/sec, otherwise it would be ~50 frames/sec with free version. Not a big deal for short videos, but I have some that are 30 min or longer detailing the process and the speed boost is nice. You also get other features that are pretty cool, won't go into that here.

With that said, the free version is perfect for 99.9% of hobby uses. It's a fantastic tool once you take the time to learn it.

I am a bit back and forth between pinnacle studio and powerdirector ( both ultimate version )

I am currently on powerdirector 17 i think it is, and i got my eyes on pinnacle studio ultimate 20

Even if what i do with videos are very basic for most of my videos as they are mainly for sharing with people that know, so dont have to make a fuss about it, or for that matter put my face in the video. i am changing to youtube burner accounts and all unlisted videos soon.

PS: I do also have Davinci resolve installed, and have also messed around with it a few times, but only used it on one upload.

If you are new, and want to go a little further than basic stuff, it is a good idea to get a software that have plenty of tutorials for it.

If you are new, and want to go a little further than basic stuff, it is a good idea to get a software that have plenty of tutorials for it.

This^^^^

And use it a lot for a while. Even if it just stuff you filmed on yer fone putzing around the house, to understand how the software works. Like shooting a springer, some practice goes a long way