What does your PCP dream scope look like?

I’ll play...

for a pesting gun

• 20 oz or lighter
  • 3-3.5” eye relief for bullpups, 4” for non-bullpup
  • 10 yd min parallax
  • SFP
  • Generous eyebox
  • Clean half-mil reticle
  • 3-12 or 4-16x magnification
  • Descent glass
  • Good tracking
  • Illumination? I’ve had scopes with illumination and end up never turning it on. So for me there hasn’t been a need.

SFP Light weight like Leupold EFR with 10 yard side focus 30mm tube March glass Nightforce turrets and MOAR CF2 Reticle and perfect eyebox like the Alpha6 which has daytime visible as well as perfect night time control illumination also for $200. 2.5-60x60 that's bright and clear all the way to 60x with no fishbowl effect at 2.5x.

I honestly can't come up with anything I would change on the Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56. 

It might be nice if it was cheaper and or lighter but as far as features, reticle, and clarity, I'm as happy as I could be.

I can, easily, make the 5-50x56 with a first focal plane (FFP). Or tweak the parallax on the 4.5-30x56 from a 23m to 10m.

Someone should make a modular digital scope platform that would allow you to swap out the sensor (thermal, infrared, normal), processor, mount and ocular. Feed the thing via an external battery (i.e. phone brick via usb-c) so it's small & light. If you want, you run a wire to a large battery in your backpack. Buy a mount per gun that you leave on and swap the rest between guns. Control it via an app, and make an optional module with physical buttons. Figure out how to build the minimal version for $500 and sell upgrades.

I honestly can't come up with anything I would change on the Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56. 

It might be nice if it was cheaper and or lighter but as far as features, reticle, and clarity, I'm as happy as I could be.

I can, easily, make the 5-50x56 with a first focal plane (FFP). Or tweak the parallax on the 4.5-30x56 from a 23m to 10m.

I hear ya. Actually, what you are describing already exists in the Crimson Trace 5-25x56 and 499 at Midway. Get them while you still can. Best buy in optics right now.

I thought it would be this-

My perfect scope is almost the FFP March 5-42x56 which I purchased last year. It's very compact and lightweight for a scope of this magnification.

The controls, fit, finish, and feel, are as good as it gets.

Reticle is the FML- TR1 All .2 MIL tree reticle designed by Ilya Koshkin. I love this reticle!

Low profile 10 mil locking turrets with nice feel and wide spacing between marks while lacking lash, everything lines up perfectly, also 40 mils of elevation travel, and a super easy zero stop that can be adjusted without the turret coming off.

8Y close focus and High Master glass.

Illumination but not daylight bright. I do wish it was daylight bright though.

I found out that due to the compact design of this scope there are optical compromises. With young eyes this scope has great glass on high magnification, I have old eyes 😌. Though with old eyes it is still super nice below 25x. 

Have you ever looked through 15x Swarovski EL bino's? Well I wish I had a riflescope that looked like these through the lenses on 15x.

The new Athlon Helos Gen2 2-12x42 FFP is getting close to perfect for a low magnification scope for me.

My perfect scope is almost the FFP March 5-42x56 which I purchased last year. It's very compact and lightweight for a scope of this magnification.

Reticle is the FML- TR1 All .2 MIL tree reticle designed by Ilya Koshkin. I love this reticle!

Low profile 10 mil locking turrets with nice feel and wide spacing between marks while lacking lash, everything lines up perfectly, also 40 mils of elevation travel, and a super easy zero stop that can be adjusted without the turret coming off.

I found out that due to the compact design of this scope there are optical compromises. With young eyes this scope has great glass on high magnification, I have old eyes 
1f60c.svg
. Though with old eyes it is still super nice below 25x. 

Have you ever looked through 15x Swarovski EL bino's? Well I wish I had a riflescope that looked like these through the lenses on 15x.

The new Athlon Helos Gen2 2-12x42 FFP is getting close to perfect for a low magnification scope for me.

HOWS ABOUT AT LEAST A LIFETIME WARRANTY? UH-HUH EVEN MARCH ESPECIALLY FOR THE BUKU BUX PAID.

I found out that due to the compact design of this scope there are optical compromises. With young eyes this scope has great glass on high magnification, I have old eyes 
1f60c.svg

HOWS ABOUT AT LEAST A LIFETIME WARRANTY? UH-HUH EVEN MARCH ESPECIALLY FOR THE BUKU BUX PAID.

March is like S&B, if the scope is out of warranty they fix it anyway. The exception might be if a scope has been extremely damaged but I haven't read about that circumstance so far and I'm not sure what March would do. 

In correspondence with Mari at March, free shipping was offered both to Japan and back to inspect my 5-42 and adjust it to better suit my vision. That's pretty cool! It's my most used scope right now so I don't want to send it back yet. 

Would I rather have a Vortex style warranty, sure I would, but as we know Vortex has that warranty for a reason, especially on their non Razor line of scopes.

March is just about bullet proof being it is such high quality so I'm not worried about the scope breaking. 

1f60c.svg

March is like S&B, if the scope is out of warranty they fix it anyway. The exception might be if a scope has been extremely damaged but I haven't read about that circumstance so far and I'm not sure what March would do. 

In correspondence with Mari at March, free shipping was offered both to Japan and back to inspect my 5-42 and adjust it to better suit my vision. That's pretty cool! It's my most used scope right now so I don't want to send it back yet. 

Would I rather have a Vortex style warranty, sure I would, but as we know Vortex has that warranty for a reason, especially on their non Razor line of scopes.

March is just about bullet proof being it is such high quality so I'm not worried about the scope breaking. 

Well TWO of my Vortex Scopes of 2 different tier levels (NON Japan Razors of course) are gonna be headed back for their much needed LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!

I HEREBY NO LONGER RECOMNEND ANY VORTEX THAT'S NOT MADE IN JAPAN!!!