What does your FX Impact .30 barrel looks like?

GQ,

When inserting and removing the barrels (transfer port) there is going to be wear and tear as metals rubs against each other. Which ever piece has the softest metal is going to be the one that gets the most wear. So question is, would one rather have the transfer port take the wear or the receiver?

My guess is the receiver is some form of aluminum base so one would want something softer than aluminum to take the wear....hence brass. That's my guess. If you had a hardened steel recieverl tips instead of brass, my guess is the receiver is going to take the wear, and those are more expensive to replace than the transfer port.

"sharroff"GQ,

When inserting and removing the barrels (transfer port) there is going to be wear and tear as metals rubs against each other. Which ever piece has the softest metal is going to be the one that gets the most wear. So question is, would one rather have the transfer port take the wear or the receiver?

My guess is the receiver is some form of aluminum base so one would want something softer than aluminum to take the wear....hence brass. That's my guess. If you had a hardened steel recieverl tips instead of brass, my guess is the receiver is going to take the wear, and those are more expensive to replace than the transfer port.
Agree with you sharroff but can we replace the transfer port on the barrel ?

Yep, A4 slides over top of A5; looks just like my Ranchero barrel when it separated. Like I said, I don't know if it is a crimp fit or some form of bonding compound that holds those together. You could probably use heat to separate them (in either case) but if it were mine, I'd leave well enough as I'd rather damage that brass piece and get a new one from FX then to damage the receiver.

Reactions: stephenst4470