• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning What does this mean

In the Fx Dreamline manual, in the regulator section it says: Never use the gun below the set regulator pressure, as damage to the system can occur and will void the warranty. This means that if the regulator is set to 140 bar from the factory, when the tank pressure gauge reaches 140 bar, if we keep shooting and the regulator pressure starts to drop, can it be damaged? When I have done chronography I have shot below 140 bar to see how the speed of the pellet behaves and I have seen other people do it in their chronographs.

I think FX is covering their butt by putting this in to the manual but you should be ok shooting below 140 bar just as long as you don't shoot your gun without any air pressure. I've read some guys tune their pcp's down to 80 bar with no problems but you have remember if you adjust your reg, you also have to adjust your hammer spring.

Screenshot_20210610-183509.1623342989.png

That doesn't make sense, are you sure it doesn't say dont set it below a certain minimum? Like 80-85 bar for example.

I'm 99% sure you can adjust the reg on a dreamline from 80-170 like almost all FX guns.

This is good to know. I'm running my Impact at about 88-89 bar and was kind of paranoid that I might be running it too low.

20210610_133038.1623353621.jpg